Do you believe eurovision song contest should be abolished?

Guess it should LOL

i believe it gives Europe a bad rep... i hardly remember any good songs in this contest even in da 80s which was my fav decade LOL

Most Helpful Girl

• All the songs are the same, no orginality, and everyone just votes based on their neighbours not based on the songs. I don't even know why I'm watching right now, I guess I'm just bored, Eurovision is predictable and pointless.

What Girls Said 1

• Nope I'm sure some people like it!

What Guys Said 5

• Fuck yes. Most pointless thing ever. The voting system is flaws selected countries vote for each other every year.

The songs are all about cliche love. Boring unoriginal songs.
    They lack creativity, it's like they just talk nonsense in the vocals. The lines they draw are just stupid.

The worst thing is; the UK pledge money toward the competition, and for what?
    Everyone here sees it as a joke. If we were to opt out we would save millions of pounds which we could put toward more important things.

Every year we come last lmao.

• Well, I think the chose of artists is a bit bad. I'd like to see more individual stuff and more music that actually refects the respective country. And of course better musicians. There are many, many european musicians that are way better than those guys. In the moment it's always the same 2nd class pop ballade stuff, so it's rather boring.

• I don't think it should be abolished. I think the countries who participate in it should simply up their game. Take it more seriously, get some good artists on stage with the occasional wacky performance.

On the other hand, it does allow one to get to know artists who usually were mostly known in their country of origin before.

• It's funny to see countries voting only for their neighbors.

• no man
    i like eurovision a lot
    it's a fun event
    why does it give Europe bad rep?