Does anyone else not go to movie theaters anymore and just watch the movies online?

I haven't gone to the movie theaters in forever because I feel like it's a waste of money when I can watch it at home on my couch with whatever food I want to have and I can pause to go piss when I need to. There's plenty of sites that have movies that just came out in theaters in high quality and you don't have to download anything, you just hit play like a youtube video. Do people still prefer to go to the movies for the experience and to support the creators by giving them money or do they just not know where to find the movies online?

Most Helpful Girl

• I do. I really enjoy going to the cinema. Watching it online, usually lagging, in your pyjamas is nothing compared to the experience at the cinema. I also like to pay towards movies if I've heard it's good. It's only fair to the people who made it to get some profit for it.

• Eh, I watched The Hangover in theaters and it was completely ruined for me because 3 or 4 people just had to laugh every 30 seconds and I missed a bunch of dialogue because of them. I just couldn't enjoy the movie because people make so much noise.

What Girls Said 5

• I love going to the movies!

• I still go every now and again but I do watch a lot of movies online... Let me watch this/Primewire can save you a lot of money.

• If I'm with someone I know really well I like to watch it at home more often. Its comfortable. Or if its a movie that has amazing graphics its kinda cool to see it on the big screen and make an outing of it :)

• I still like the movie experience. Although you're right, so expensive.

I like the big screen, movie popcorn, sticky floors. (Okay maybe not the sticky floors)

• I prefer to go to the movies, to get out of the house.

What Guys Said 4

• I got a big tv and bose surround and im allowed to drink beer at my house and scratch my nuts. I see no reason to go to the movies.

• hahahha yeah... y u should pay?

• Some production companies take it seriously. When I was 16 a friend of mine torrented The Hurt Locker and they tracked him down and sued him for $2,500. The movie won the academy award that year and made hundreds of millions and they tracked down a stupid 16 year old that downloaded the movie. Who would give enough of a shit when they were already raking in more money than they could handle? It seems like they are actually losing more money by wasting so much time in court with a 16 year old for $2500 which to them would be chump change. It was his case which made me careful to only find sites that require no downloads.

• Some movies yu just have to see on the big screen, like action movies. It just isn't the same on a computer screen.

• Go for some big releases occasionally otherwise just use torrents

• I don't recommend torrents some companies will come after you and torrents are pretty easy to track.

• No problems here... No strict cyber laws