Question about what constitutes email harassment?

Okay, so there is this weird guy on Craigslist always trolling for "no strings" sex 7 days a week, last night I decided to pull a prank on this guy and reply to his ad with mostly clothed, non pornographic pictures of emaciated, anorexic women all over the age of 18 of course. (there was one topless pic but it wasn't even vaguely sexual).

I did not harass or threaten the guy in the email at all but he replied by saying that I was in trouble with the federal government and that he was an IT professional and that he would find out where I was, should I be worried? Did I do anything illegal?

Thank you for the replies, I feel a lot better now and no, I never offered "services" for money, gifts and I didn't agree to meet this person, it was a lame attempt at trolling.

Most Helpful Girl

• This is why you don't go on craigslist.

What Guys Said 6

• Never play games like this. It is unlikely there will be any trouble over this, as I can't see you've done anything wrong. I think you just upset him because he knew you were playing with him.
    Strange, it's usually kids my age I have to warn about this sort of thing, and worse things!!
    I'm sure what he was doing, if not illegal, was certainly undesirable.

Take care, stay safe!!

• He's full of shit

• uh oh... u shuldn't play wid UNKNOWN strangers... ;)

• If the images were of 18 and over, and you never once said that you were under 18 you are fine. You didn't agree to meet him for sex, or hint that you would accept "gifts" did you? Most likely he's just pissed he didn't get what he wanted.

• I reckon he is just a lunatic ranting.

• Sounds like he was prankIng you back

What Girls Said 2

• Why did you even bother doing that? He could be lying or speaking the truth :\

• You didn't do anything he's just trolling you.

• I did sort of figure that, guess the troll got trolled! Lol