(Spoilers) game of thrones. Which is worse? Sansa rape or theon penis cut off?

Lots of women claiming to stop watching GOT after Sansa rape scene from Ramsay on their wedding night. But is it any worse than other events in the show? There's been a lot but notably from a man's perspective the theon getting tortures and his dick cut off. No one left the show then and yes rape is horrible but why quit watching?
Which do you think was a more horrible act?
Sansas scene or theons? And why is it worse than the other?

• Sansa rape scene was the worst thing to happen
  • Theon having his penis chopped off was the worst thing to happen
  • A different scene was more gruesome than both- which one?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think both were equally bad. Neither was worse than the other. In no way am I condoning these but, it is just a tv show. In that same vein however, the sexual violence (including Sansa's rape scene) just aids the central theme. Sexual violence and maiming and other actions have always been a part of history and war history. Evil comes from people. People do bad things, not the dragons or magic. Shit still happens. Women leaving the show because of this scene is stupid. They should realize that has always happened and still happens and will always happen.

• Good answer :) why leave a show you love for a "suggested" rape scene. It's not as if it was explicit and in poor taste. The act itself is terrible but come on ladies. It's Ramsey one of the most sadistic characters in the show.
      It's the wedding nights was he really going to act all sweet and wait till Sansa was ready? No it's a brutal time in GOT she should have escaped with the female knight who tried to rescue her- who said "she is in danger".
      But from the 2 acts in he poll one is permanent. If I was a girl as horrible as it sounds a few minutes of forced sex would be better than getting your vagina sliced up. If I was theon I would rather be buggered once than lose my dick.

• In all honesty though, Ramsay Bolton is a sadistic asshole. He's a functioning psychopath and I love watching him. His character is so entertaining. The actor is amazing, as is Alfie Allen.

• Agreed! I can't wait for next episode. Why do some women take it so seriously? Quitting a show u have loved for 4 seasons? For a rape scene you can't see? Crazy.

What Girls Said 5

• never seen the show.
    sounds... meh.

• The Red Wedding was worse than both, although the rape scene and chopping were gruesome.

• Oberyn's death was by far the worst scene on the show cause he was one of the most interesting characters.

• It's worse for a girl to be raped than a guy to lose a body part he can live without

• You're kidding, right? xD God, the ignorance hahahah

• OMG!!! You're sooo ignorant. Are you serious? You gotta be trolling, cause I can't believe an adult is saying such bullshit.

• @AleDeEurope hey maybe I'm not thinking from a guys view it would be bad. They are both awful. i just know a girl who was raped that's all. So it gets me very angry. And I want what happened to theon to happen to the guy who assaulted her. I don't wish either on any normal people.

• Sansa rape scene...

What Guys Said 5

• eh the girls saying that are overly sensitive in my opinion. Do people forget that this is just a tv show? We've seen guys get their heads chopped off, pregnant women getting stabbed in the chest, people being mutilated... but the rape scene where they showed nothing of the actual penetration is what gets these girls to stop watching? lol alrighty then

• the scene more gruesome to me was just seeing Ned starks pregnant wife getting stabbed right in the chest several times -_-

• wait, was his name ned? eh i can't remember now but you know what im talking about... the red wedding scene

• sansa rape scene :D

• That with Sansa wasn't rape. It was a dry loss of virginity. She took her clothes off with no questions.

• Penis.

I hate Sansa. She's so ugly.

• Poor Sansa, I say that was worse