What is the BEST country in the world to live in and what is the WORST country in the world to live in? Why do you think this?

When choosing the best and worst countries, take into accout factors such as history, culture, lifestyle, climate, healthcare, human development, salaries, laws, crime-rate, safety, freedoms, people-power, life expectancy, low mortality rate etc...

Examples of some good countries
- Australia
- Canada
- Sweden
- Italy

Examples of some bad countries
- Iraq
- Afghanistan
- North Korea
- Russia

I personally think Australia is the best country in the world to live in because it is extremely safe, well governed, has excellent human development and fantastic geographical factors which includes some of the best beaches in the world and the largest barrier reef!

I think either Iraq or Syria is the worst country to live in due to the ongoing war with Islamic State, Syrian government and countless terrorist organisations operating in the area.

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on how much money you have. If you are rich then the list often turns upside down. Some countries are better at protecting certain types of rights while another may be better at protecting another type of right. So it depends on what is important for you. It also depends on if you are a citizen of that country or not. Some countries are more accepting of foreigners than others. Australia for example is very anti foreigner.

If I had enough money I would love to move to the Philippines. They speak English , have gorgeous women, the dollar goes further, tropical weather, beaches, and much more going for them. Without a good source of income though living there would be a nightmare. For purpose of earning money I don't think you can beat the United States. Although the opportunities are often in less desirable locations.

What Girls Said 4

• haha I love Australia as much as the next person, but you do know how incredibly hot it is there, right? Plus the wildlife there is insane. It's not a joke :P

Of all the places I've traveled, I've found Canada to be the best. I'd say Guam because of the beautiful beaches, but the weather there is horrid.

I don't really have any country in mind that is horrible or "bad" :P I mean none that I've actually visited.

• It's not incredibly hot everywhere in Australia, just the deserts. Cities along the Southern & East coast are pleasant and mild all year around. Plus the wildlife isn't that dangerous, it's more of an exaggeration or a myth. There are more deadly snakes in Africa and Asia. There are more deadly spiders in North America. And there is no Malaria carrying mosquitos in Australia, which kill millions in Africa and Asia! See, it's all good. But Canada can definitely be voted 1st. It's between these two countries if you ask me...

• I don't know, my friend's from Australia and he's always be complaining about the searing heat :P

haha okay :))

• Best= Norway
    Worst= DRC

• I think Canada is the best!

• I think Canada is the best!

What Guys Said 9

• Australia is nice (I've been to Perth) but gets low marks for much of the interior being uninhabitable, the most dangerous snakes in the world, bad ass ants and spiders, and the barrier reef because of sharks. I would pick the USA for its ethnic diversity , weakest venomous snakes in the world, vast ecosystems. I would think the worst would be North Korea who needs no explanation

• Well, in terms of life quality, it is usually Switzerland and Norway competing for number one. But basically any of these are great to live in: Switzerland, Netherlands, Denmark, Norway, Sweden and Iceland.
    Australia is beautiful in terms of nature but the crime rate there is definitely way higher than in the countries I listed above. Also, Australia doesn't exactly have a healthy lifestyle (unhealthy food etc. kind of like in America)

• Best is by far Canada. Free healthcare, the people there are so nice, great economy, nothing big (in a bad sense) ever happens there. The only downside is the cold, unless you like the cold, which i do.

Worst is probably democratic republic of congo. You get randomly murdered there. Plus LRA.

• those igloo dwellers are too busy shootin polar bears to enjoy their country

• russsia... many sexy gals 8)

• best is russia... beautiful gals 8)

• America is the greatest country in the world and ain't no one ever gonna convince me otherwise! God Bless the USA!!

• Could you please explain why we're on a "bad" list?

• USA>Every other country on this earth

#ComeAtMeForeignGAGERS

• Syria the worst

• The best prob sweden germany one of those two

• Look at his screen name something a little kid would think is cool

• Can u imagine acting like that at 23? I am sure he is a very lonley person who is prob. A little slow he should be. In special ed classes