How can I be a gentleman without looking like I am a sexist who thinks women are incapable?

I have been told sometimes that being a gentleman is sexist. How can I act like a gentleman without seeming like i'm sexist.

Most Helpful Guy

• Simple. Realize the women that think that acting like a gentleman is sexist, are actually the ones that are sexist. If a woman gets mad because you open a door for her, then you need to drop her from your life, because she is a woman with serious man issues. Any woman that is worth a damn will appreciate a gentleman when she sees one. The women that are worth respecting are the ones that respect gentlemen.

Being a gentleman isn't about treating a woman as being incapable. Being a gentleman is about showing your respect to others in your own way.

• I agree. Thanks for your answer.

What Girls Said 3

• It's not sexist...

• A gentleman is only unattractive to women who aren't comfortable with their feminine side and feel they have something to prove

• I feel like the whole idea of chivalry and being 'gentlemanly' is outdated - just treat everybody respectfully regardless of their gender

What Guys Said 4

• true dat... anyway u don't have 2 be bro... it's kinda oldfashioned :)

• It is a thin line I suppose add a liberal dash of common sense and I think you will be okay.

• By being respectful towards women

• You could just be a decent person.