Do you believe it'll eventually be possible for humans to live forever?

I think science and technology are improving rapidly and see a future where something like this will be possible

• yes
  • no
  • you're insane

Most Helpful Girl

• I hope not. That'd be terrible in terms of overpopulation, and I think it'd cause some pretty major mental health problems for the people faced with living forever, and enormous inequality because such technology would definitely not be available to everyone.. Sounds pretty dystopian to me

What Girls Said 5

• that would be super scary... woulnd't be that surprizing i gues... but human bodies are so unstable and you never know when something is going to happen...

• No, and I don't think we should :) If we did, then people would probably forget to make the most out of the little moments, they'd probably be less motivated to actually live and take risks.

• I don't think so.

• If it is, it would be left to the rich and not be available for public distribution. Why? Because our planet would become overpopulated and die if no one ever kicked the bucket, this is why every life has an expiry date.

• Even if they could figure out a way for people to live forever, the quality of life after a certain age would likely be very low.

What Guys Said 9

• Humans will get to the point where they age very slowly or don't age at all, if that's what you mean. It may take a great while, but it's possible, and it's one of the most important things science can do.

Humans will never get to the point where they are genuinely immortal. The human body is made of elements that are bound to laws. If a guy gets thrown into the sun, it doesn't matter what science has done for him, he's going to disintegrate no matter what.

• I don't think "forever" is possible as you say, but technology is definitely improving at a rate to make the average lifespan longer. It's doing so as we speak through finding ways to cure different conditions. Take cancer for example... there's now a possibility to treat cancer through NANOTECH instead of chemo! This is an ongoing evolution.

• I hope not. Speaking for myself, I think living on forever is a curse.

• Yes. Our knowledge and technology is developing exponentially, according to some futurists. That means that the future possibilities are beyond our wildest dreams/nightmares.

• Live significantly longer, sure. Forever? Probably not

• No cause we all have to die someday.

• we are :3
    We continue to live in people's memory even if our physical bodies die.

• Unfortunately so.

• No this is a fantasy dream anyone with a brain knows it will never happen.