Clarification On Same Sex Marriage In Ireland?

People are not realising how progressive it is. Now in irish law a straight couple and gay couple are exactly the same thing with equal rights to marriage, fostering, adoption and surrocacy.

Most Helpful Girl

• That's so wonderful! I hope other countries can get in gear and realize that equal rights for every orientation can only be a good thing.

Most Helpful Guy

• Another great step towards human liberty! It doesn't matter how you feel about others, what matters is that you don't convince yourself that you are better than them. Equality is the way to go. I can only imagine how this vote ends the suffering of (and gives hope to) so many people whose rights were ripped away from them for something extremely stupid, silly, and rather private (i. e. sexual preference).

Way to go Ireland. *tips virtual hat*

What Girls Said 2

• That's awesome :)

• That's amazing. Hope my country can follow those steps one day. We desperately need it. Have they released the %?

What Guys Said 4

• Lower percentage of bigots than other countries and a higher percentage red heads.
    I'm moving to Ireland.

• It's a sad world when equality under the law has to be seen as extremely progressive.

• good for them

• I support gay marriage