How do you feel when someone texts you "I love you"?

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends who it is. When it was the guy I was in love with I was insanely happy and it made me feel so special.. too bad he didn't really love me and was just rebounding, and close to me because I was helping him through a time when he was hurting :'(

If it's a guy and I don't feel the same way I feel crappy because I have to reject them and I feel like a bitch

When it's a friend I just sort of feel a little bit happy, I don't know

And when it's a family member kind of the same; it's something we say quite a lot in my family so it's not a big deal - my Mum for example has a terrible habit of using 'I love you' not only to mean 'I love you' but also to sub for 'goodbye', 'stop sulking', 'I'm sick of listening to you whine', 'I'm sorry I hurt your feelings'.. etc

What Guys Said 10

• Back when I was with my last girlfriend it felt nice, though it felt better to hear it.

• I'd feel oddly uncomfortable and then tell them they have the wrong number.

• From anyone other than a family member?
    I'd feel flabbergasted.

• It would be awkward if I don't know her and I will assume that she is a physco but if I do then I will be like "thank you, I appreciate that" and that's all.

• I feel like Jesus picked this particular girl for me.

• Well, that will make feel special and wanted :)

• I'd say really?

• I would have to go with loved.

• Depends on the girls nature.

• I don't hear it at all.

What Girls Said 6

• uuuuuuuhhhhhh
    That's awkward... no one does that to me. o. o

I'd probably just be like "Yay!!!" then move on to a different topic LOL

• Lol, that's what I usually do.

• Usually I feel nothing, most likely will either smile or arch a brow, and then give them a sarcastic response back because I'm not about that.

• I feel happy but at the same time scared. I mean how do you know if this person genuinely loves you? You just never know if they mean it or not.

• I feel happy and loved.

• It's a turn off. Especially if I don't like you and you still continue to say I love you and I obviously have never told you that's a sign I don't like you.

• I feel uncomfortable and I do not believe it unless it comes from my parents.