Why is cali so overrated?

i mean everyone is like it's calli, i wanna go there and blah blah... why?

Most Helpful Girl

• People enjoy weather that doesn't make them want to shower 6 times a day. California has a big culture of being healthy so we have a high amount of attractive people and most hot blooded humans love eye candy. We are the epicenter of the west coast for entertainment (most artists of all genres will at least stop by north and south california on tours) and the food is insane because there are so many different people with ethnic backgrounds that bring their amazing flavors with a huge demand for diverse restaurants.

Yes we have droughts, earthquakes and wildfires. We are a desert state may i remind you and our state just happens to be cut in half by the San Andreas fault which is again mother nature's decision to put a fault there, not ours. Other states have yearly floods, tornados, hurricanes and drug use is rampant EVERYWHERE.

I think your question is bias and should be corrected. "Why does everyone want to visit california?" would show you actually care about understanding. The way your phrased your question seems to stem from personal resentment to this state, though I have no idea why because you are 16 and from another country.

Then again you are 16 from another country so I will just leave this here.

What Guys Said 13

• My guess is because it's what you always see in the movies. It's a beautiful place, I lived in so cal for a few years and there is a lot to see and a high quality of life. On the other hand it's insane traffic, ridiculous laws and taxes and VERY expensive to live there. That's why I moved back home.

• Its not overrated. There isn't a better state in the whole union. It has almost every environment on the planet and it is a huge economic powerhouse with some of the best universities, most interesting cities, best job environemnts, etc. Name a better state.

• Incredible weather, more forward thinking people, insane variety of foods and wines, beaches, diversity.

I mean, it's definitely overrated by some people, but there's a reason too why it's got lots of haters--lots of jealous people out there.

• You'd think more forward thinking people wouldn't be about to run out of water in twelve months... Ha! Should have planned ahead Cali folk :/

• Politicians gonna politician! :/

Seriously though, it can be a major issue if changes aren't made. Namely, those almond trees are gonna start coming under heavy fire. 80% of the world's almonds come from California, so people better get em while they can!

• I have no clue. Right now, they have droughts, wild fires, lack of water, earthquakes, high rent, lack of single ladies (backed up by statistics mind you), and drug crimes. The future for it is looking grim indeed, so come on over to the Southeast USA!!

• Because 'Murica. That is why.

• It's overrated but you want to go to cali? I'm confused.

• I'm sure she's mocking people lol she forgot the quotation marks.

• @DontDropIt I see it now lol.

• To answer the question, AWESOME WEATHER!!! A lot of people like the politics and more progressive thinking. There's also a lot to do.

• Yeah, I think Florida is better.

• calli? California?

• depends on norcal or socal

• Cuz imits the Ghetto state where all the HAWTIES like meh is reproduce 😉😘😎

• Because of media

• Because its an amazing place.

• You come by the hood and then you gonna be asking to leave

What Girls Said 6

• BECAUSE IT'S FUCKIN' CALI 🌞🌴🌊
    People who live there probably don't understand cause they're very used to it. There's just something about that west coast California lifestyle.

• You've heard of west coast lifestyle?

• @cavmanier so you live there, yeah? kewl. beaches seem amazing.

• I do. Yeah there are a lot of nice beaches. You may be thinking of southern California.

• ... um... okay...
    well I have lived here all my life... I just call it California.
    and I may be biased, but yes, it is fucking awesome.

• It's nicer and possibly friendler than NY/West coast. People readily buy into the image from tv shows where they show Cali to have a warmer climate and people being relaxed and fun.

• I love California it's nice there and fun. WAY better than my boring state. I want to move to California.

• Because California knows how to party.
    In the ciiiiittteeeeeehhhh of Elllll Ayyy.
    They keep it rocking, I believe.

• They have no water.