Why do my parents not bother about food in the fridge?

Before you ask, I'm 20 ... I'm a student at Uni and I have no money left from the loans. I spent most of it on food when I was away from home, paying for rent and laundry amongst other things. I'm in debt.

Anyway, my parents make a lot of money - far more than average... yet the fridge is almost always empty.

I haven't had lunch today - in fact I haven't had lunch since I came back from Uni last week.

I've told them so many times that they should be getting us food (I have 2 sisters and a brother) or at least give me money so I can get it all for them... or get weekly deliveries.

Nothing has chance

44

Most Helpful Girl

• This is a bizarre question to ask and suggests a total disconnection from your parents. Seriously who in the right mind would starve their children like that unless they had mental problems, gambling addictions or something else that you are not disclosing here.

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 3

• Well the UK does have the highest eating disorder percentage, but they've probably been going out to eat maybe? Have you asked them to take you out instead? Maybe you should just ask for money directly and ONLY spend it on food so ration it out for the week.

• How can I put this nicely? Your parents are dicks. And there really are no laws stating they should buy you food or give you money for food. So I'm sorry you have to deal with this, but there is no other way except trying to talk to them again and again.

• I'd try to earn some money.

• Typical thing to say from someone who is probably fed like a princess...

I'm far too busy to work to make money for 4 people every week. I'm not the breadwinner and I've got more important things to do then feed my siblings when it should be my parent's job.

• If the opinion holder have sound advice then why would you be so crass to them. A part time job would in fact get you the money to get this food. Maybe raising and feeding you siblings isn't your place , but is watching them go hungry any more responsible?

What Guys Said 4

• Have you been working through Uni? It is is not fair that some have to, but we doe what we have to. I worked 20 hours through my undergraduate and 60 hours a week in the summer with two jobs. You gotta do what you gotta do. It sucks, especially seeing some pricks just get to go and drink every night, never worked a day in their lives and don't care about school, but that is life.

• do they eat out maybe?

• I don't know... it's likely though

• All you can do is talk to your parents again and explain that there is nothing for lunches.

• I don't know how many times I've got to ask them... it's been like this for years.

• The only advice I have is for the sake of yourself and your siblings is keep at them relentlessly until an arrangement can be made.

• Who ever came up with the idea to put 20 year olds into massive debt for education was a lunatic.