What is the big deal about Kendrick Lamar?

this question continues to boggle my mind. Why IS everybody so infatuated about him. What is it his rhymes? Melodies? Personality. I can't watch a video or listen to something without people bringing up his name. He is not the only rapper. I personally think he is overrated.

37

Most Helpful Girl

• He actually talks about deep issues and sounds like a poet in his songs rather than just being the typical aggressive, boastfully predictable rapper. He's very clever with his riddles and metaphors which I think reminds people of a lot of the old school rappers such as Tupac.

• yeah that's what i was about to say, he's like 2pac... His lyrics have deeper meaning than the usual shawty get low or drunk in the club lyrics

Sponsored

What Guys Said 7

• Never heard of him.

• It's because he's different, when he first came in the game back in 2012... he was like a modern rapper with a twist, his bars are weak, but he uses lots of metaphors and double meanings, mostlly and also he doesn't smoke or drink...

So he's like a good hip hop role model, he is more about black empowerment, social issues and so on.
    Also what made his career really take off is the fact that he has a oldskool g funk hip hop vibe...

Similar to 2pac or nas, Mostly he sounds like 2 pac. tho and what shot of his career was that his music is on GTA v

• I personally don't hear Tupac in his rhymes

• Yes Listen to His album Maad city, good kid... and the title track maad city , good kidd.

Mc eight was also on that track, mc eight was a 90s gangsta rapper, arounf compton so thats why...

• if i tell u... i hardly know his face...

• be home yes

• I think it's because of his BBC

• He ruined the Taylor Swift song in my opinion.

• Another case of overrated dickhead is overrated.

What Girls Said 2

• I don't think he's the only it best rapper, but he's one of the best right now. In personally more of a gambino girl, but Kendrick is good too

• i dont get it either...