What is the big deal about Kendrick Lamar?

this question continues to boggle my mind. Why IS everybody so infatuated about him. What is it his rhymes? Melodies? Personality. I can't watch a video or listen to something without people bringing up his name. He is not the only rapper. I personally think he is overrated.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• He actually talks about deep issues and sounds like a poet in his songs rather than just being the typical aggressive, boastfully predictable rapper. He's very clever with his riddles and metaphors which I think reminds people of a lot of the old school rappers such as Tupac.

0|0
    0|1
    • yeah that's what i was about to say, he's like 2pac... His lyrics have deeper meaning than the usual shawty get low or drunk in the club lyrics

Sponsored

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 7

• Never heard of him.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's because he's different, when he first came in the game back in 2012... he was like a modern rapper with a twist, his bars are weak, but he uses lots of metaphors and double meanings, mostlly and also he doesn't smoke or drink...

So he's like a good hip hop role model, he is more about black empowerment, social issues and so on.
    Also what made his career really take off is the fact that he has a oldskool g funk hip hop vibe...

Similar to 2pac or nas, Mostly he sounds like 2 pac. tho and what shot of his career was that his music is on GTA v

0|0
    0|0
    • I personally don't hear Tupac in his rhymes

• Yes Listen to His album Maad city, good kid... and the title track maad city , good kidd.

Mc eight was also on that track, mc eight was a 90s gangsta rapper, arounf compton so thats why...

• if i tell u... i hardly know his face...

0|0
    0|0
  • be home yes

0|0
    1|0
  • I think it's because of his BBC

0|0
    0|0
  • He ruined the Taylor Swift song in my opinion.

0|0
    0|0
  • Another case of overrated dickhead is overrated.

0|1
    1|0

What Girls Said 2

• I don't think he's the only it best rapper, but he's one of the best right now. In personally more of a gambino girl, but Kendrick is good too

0|0
    0|0
  • i dont get it either...

1|0
    0|0