What is London like in March?

For those that live there or have been there during that time.

Most Helpful Guy

• Some of the people giving you answers on here don't know what they are talking about. London is in fact one of the driest cities in Europe . Surprisingly, it is drier than Rome, Barcelona, Paris or Berlin and it is getting drier every year. For example, March 2015 only had 1 day of measurable rain, compared to Barcelona's 16 days. And if we do get any rain at this time of year, it is very, very light so an umbrella won't be needed! Remember, London isn't in the tropics! Heavy downpours only occur in the summer months, which is ironically much wetter than it is in March! Generally speaking though, London receives around 1 inch of rain in March, which is still considerably low.

March in London is a transitional month between winter and spring so temperatures will still be considered cold, although not freezing. Lows of 3C and highs of 10C (38-52F) are the norm but it can fluctuate a few degrees either side. In recent years, March has seen temperatures fall as low as -4C and rise as high as 21C (26-70F). Generally speaking though, it will be chilly and a coat will be needed, particuarly at night. Most people don't realise this, but from October-April, London is both the warmest and driest European city outside of the Mediterranean.

What Guys Said 7

• I live only 70 miles from London. I have visited several times and find it a noisy, depressing place at the best of times. Probably OK for a day visit, but all the tourist places are way too expensive. It is so easy to get ripped off. My mum and dad were charged £14 for two whiskeys in a bar in Piccadilly Circus. That was about 10 years ago!!

• Not sure I went in May many years ago It was very nice

• Rain, fog, rain, fog, one sunray, rain, hail... rain, fog...

• rainy mostly ;)

• It's cold and rainy. I don't live there but I've been to London in March before. It's still a fun city to visit despite the weather

• It's wet. Like always.

What Girls Said 3

• Bit chilly, Rains slightly. Sunny. Foggy. Back to sunny, back to raining slightly... hail.. asteroid.

• Hit and miss in terms of weather. Can be quite cold and rainy, can be mild and dry. Not the best time of year to come but still good none the less.

• its beautiful all year round!