Guys, Would you consider a girl going into the automotive field strange?

A guy I recently talked to said he felt that because I was a girl, it was weird I wanted to go into the automotive field. How do you guys feel about this?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Not at all. In fact, most of the women I have found in auto parts stores knew the stock BETTER than the men. Not sure why. Maybe its because women have a better eye for detail or feel they have to prove themselves by trying harder.

Anyway, when I see a woman at an auto parts counter, I often default to her.

0|0
    0|0
    • I'm not even working at an autoparts store 😅 I'm a design engineer intern at General Motors.

• Ha! That 's interesting. And I bet you are getting some looks. I have a woman friend who is an electrical engineer in a huge company and every single one of her counterparts is a man..

What Guys Said 19

• No, I wouldn't. In fact, I wouldn't mind being in a relationship with a mechanic at all. I love my car, and she could keep it running in good shape.

0|0
    0|0
  • You do you, kid.

I think women in engineering and other male-dominated professions are awesome. For a great example, see Rosie the riveter.

0|0
    0|0
  • sexy n tomboyish ;)

0|0
    0|0
  • Sort of unusual. Most girls don't like cars. I would find it a bit unusual, but it's not a turn off or anything, no. I'm interested in cars, my dream car would be a Flying Car. Which do exist. As of 2012, they were in Prototype-Testing Phase. Some have Plane Parts, some have Helecoptor Parts.

0|0
    0|0
    • The game Perfect Dark is based in 2023 and has flying cars, the movie Back to the Future was dead-on, it was in part 2 that there were Flying Cars in 2015. It's almost happening now. Just wonder how the hell much they're gonna cost. At least 150G's or more.

• No that's pretty cool.
    Plus that field needs more gals.
    My buddy's going into diesel mechanics and he's so depressed that there are no girls in his class haha

0|0
    0|0
  • No. That is your interest, great :) Also, it probably means you're more used to being around guys, which is a plus.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have few girls programming products that are used in automotive industry. They do better than their male colleagues. So, the answer is go ahead :) don't be afraid

0|0
    0|0
  • No I wouldn't even think about it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not at all ! I am actually interested in cars so that will just make it better !
    Its just that we do not normally see girls interested in things like cars , wrestling etc.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hell no it's not strange. I'd let you work on my car. 😊

0|0
    0|0
  • Awesome, you should do whatever makes you happy. Forget about what other people think. I think a woman who knows what she wants is very sexy.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it would be awesome.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's uncommon, but there's nothing wrong about it.

0|0
    0|0
  • ı dont know

0|0
    0|0
  • One day, a woman will pitch in the majors. Times they are a changin'

0|0
    0|0
  • Asvlong as your competent. Today women are free to work at whatever profession as long as capable of doing just the same as men

0|0
    0|0
  • screw stereotypes thats awesome... .

0|0
    0|0
  • There's nothing strange about that.

http://youtu.be/6qgREMBTE28

0|1
    0|0
    • That movie is amazing 😄. And it's funny because I know what everything she said.

• Absolutly nothing wrong with that.
    In fact some guys woukd even find it attractive

0|0
    0|0