Am I the only man who doesn't treat women like children and hold them just as responsible as men for their own actions and choices?

I don't know about other western countries but here in the United States, the majority of men (particularly older men) like to treat women like children and tend to always blame other men for their (women) bad actions and decisions. They (American men) like to put women on a pedestal and believe that it's always a man's fault if a woman does something bad.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• No your not the only one who feels this way bro , I feel everyone is responsible for their choices as well as their actions

• Yeah. I don't know if it's the majority of us men in the United States who still do this or only just a few older men from the peak days of Chivalry.

• I would honestly say we are a minority , a dying breed

What Girls Said 4

• NO, you're not the only man. i710.photobucket.com/.../...maker_zpssrgbsjbv.gifn
    SQUIDWARD IS THE ONLY MAN

• I don't feel like that's the case here at all

• What's the societal point of view towards gender roles and how women and men should be treated in your country?

• well I grew up in germany and I feel it's normal there. I know that's not really saying much but overall I feel people think women should be treated the same as men (within reason obviously) and I've moved to Ireland here and I feel it's generally the same just that overall people are a tad more religious

• I'm sure other American guys does this.

• you might be the only one!

What Guys Said 7

• Well, I am from Europe and it would be very interesting to hear this in more detail. Perhaps you could give me an example? But just telling from what you write, I would agree with you. I also hold women responsible for their actions. I also think it's weird if you make other men responsible for their actions. We are all adults.

• wot? older people generally treat other people as kids bro!!! and yeah u should b more polite wid gals 8)

• Not if a woman is very rude to me, then I definitely would not treat them well.

• thankfully the number of people who hold women as accountable adults is slowly increasing, will be a long time I think though before that is the normal way of things.

• Yeah, you're the only one. I checked. Last man on the fort of progressivism.

• is it still 1890?

• Spock's last message:

theflypaper.net/.../24td3t.jpg

• i've never heard of this before, could you give an example of what you're referring to? then i'll tell you if you're the only one or not

• I see plenty of men, especially fathers, who always like to believe a woman's poor life decisions and actions are always the man's fault (if a man was involved with his daughter).