Do you think a 1920s themed bar sounds cool?

i am looking for a theme for my bar when i open it and i thought a 1920s theme would be cool i would decorate the bar like its a 1920s bar and i would have pictures of the 20s all over the bar and all the bartenders/staff would dress up in 1920s outfits and we would play music of the 1920s and serve 1920s cocktails and the whole bar would look like its from the 1920s what do you think of this

Most Helpful Girl

• So three days ago you were concerned because you hadn't told your fiance you quit your job to open this bar. Yesterday you said you got the liquor license even though best case scenario it takes 10-12 weeks and today you are already picking out a theme and you also talked about not having all the money you need, something about having to work another job for at least 4 years and getting loans. Let me guess tomorrow is the grand opening.

What Girls Said 4

• yes!! That would be awesome! If you wanted to go all out you could even make it like a speakeasy and pretend it's still prohibition! And have sirens blare once a night and waiters and waitresses rush in dressed like vintage cops!

• i think thats a great idea

• I think it would be really cool, something definitely unique. And the 20s theme is really popular right now-- go for it

• Hell yeah! Lol

• Sounds cool!

What Guys Said 9

• I don't cuss often but that would be fucking amazing.

http://media.nomadicmatt.com/prohibition5.jpg

• Would blacks have to use a different entrance?

just kidding, I think it sounds like a fun niche bar. I know jazzy brass band music is lively and easy to dance to, so that's cool.

• lol that is funny and no everyone would have to use the same entrance

• personally i'm not into this era.. make it an 80s bar 8)

• It would seem better as a restaurant and bar you'd make more money if you do it that way. It'd also become like a tourist attraction especially if you offer a little taste of that history for that area. Then sell souvenirs on top of it.

• There's too many 'British Pub' bars around and not enough Speakeasys, so yes, do it!

• It would have to be alcohol-free in order to be authentic!

• Hell yeah, I'd go and be as dapper as they come

• Super cool! I'd check it out!

• i could see it getting old fast for patrons.