What is your favorite bass heavy EDM genre?

I am someone who's been listening to EDM for several years, back when it was known as "Dance" or "Electronic" and the big things were Techno, Industrial, and Drum & Bass. Anyways, music evolves and so do my tastes. I'm a big bass guy, and thus listen to bass heavy EDM now. There's many different genres and subgenres, but I want you to pick your favorite. My favorite is Drumstep, which is a combination between Drum & Bass and Dubstep. Although, I enjoy Dubstep, Trap, Future Bass, and Chillstep.

So, what is your's?

• Dubstep
  • Drum & Bass
  • Trap
  • Chillstep, Chilltrap, Chill anything.
  • Deep House or Future Bass
  • Hardstyle/Glitch Hop/Drumstep, basically any other, hybrid, or smaller genre
  • Bass heavy stuff is not my thing.

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 6

• I love deep house 🎶🎧

• Love dubstep, glitch hop, drum & bass, and trap.

• Anything like Knife Party I'm in love with. EDM is my favorite.

• I used to hate dubstep and trap, but my boyfriend listens to it so much that it's grown on me and I really like it! I'm bad at telling the difference between the two, though

• Trap - Long, abrasive, and strong basslines. Usually they'll only be a frequency that plays for several seconds. Also, 808 and high hats are used in a rapid pattern. If the drums sound quite raspy and quick it's probably trap. Trap generally has less to do with the kicks.
      Dubstep - WUB WUB sounds, and the beat has many kicks and the drums don't sound nearly as hardcore. Usually the bassline is "hidden" within the WUB WUB noises.

Here's a good example of both and you should be able to see the difference a little clearer. Dubstep is usually 140 BPM, trap is around 150 BPM. Pay close attention to the visualizers on both of these videos. The far left side is your "bass" side. Notice how the levels differ and the sounds differ within the basslines during the drop:
      Trap = https://youtu.be/mNn34ErU6kM
      Dubstep = https://youtu.be/DECxluN8OZM

• I'm all about that bass. I enjoy most EDM tho.

• Dubstep!!!

What Guys Said 7

• does acid house count bro?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXF-qgfDsdg

i listen 2 it now

• I can't decide between chillstep and dubstep. I'll vote D

• I'm listening to music now, can you recommend some good drumstep please?

• What I'm not a fan of is the geeky, spastic sub-sub-sub-genre-ization of electronic music. It's getting as bad as the metal scene.

I like chill anything and house anything. I like ambient

• Posting just so I can lookup this stuff later

• Future bass!

• Vocal Trance, Dream House, Eurodance, Rave, Ambient Techno.

• Those aren't really "bass heavy" EDM, just EDM. I still enjoy some of those (trance and house), but we're talking like waking up your neighbors with the wobbles.