Should I just drop out of community college, not try anymore and go to job corps to make a good living?

Right now, community college isn't even cutting it for me. I'm on prohibation from my financial aid again for the 2nd time just for only dropping ONE class past my deadline (yet still passed the rest of my other three classes), which is bullshit. It still costs me too much money to pay off my classes and textbooks and my parents can barely afford it because they're struggling with their own financial issues loaning money to my older sister and her daughter with their problems.

I feel like I'm wasting my time in community college constantly taking classes that doesn't relate to my field at all so I might as well just take job corps where I don't have to worry about financial problems and get the necessary skills actually used in the workforce and in the real world.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• It is normal to think that the classes you are taking do not relate to your field. But I know plenty of people who have wished they had more of the non specific field classes. Its about getting you to a certain level of critical thinking and developing your knowledge so that you are not just learning about your field and can not be flexible when needed.

I personally think it is worth sticking with it. Most people have a hard time going back to college once they drop out. Work and family gets in the way. It does not mean all do. If your profession of choice requires this degree then I would stick to it. If you do not necessarily need it then why stay in school.

Or you could work full time or part time. I worked full time and went to night school to get my associates degree, before I decided I wanted a bachelors in a different field.

• Right now, I'm just thinking about taking a 1 or 2 semester gap so I can take more time to find another part-time job and explore the real world a little more.

What Girls Said 3

• The people I know who went into Job Corps have not had a good experience.

Have you thought about the military?

• I've tried the military already and got permanently DQ'd for a medical reason. I guess I'm just destined to be a poor failure in life who has no other choice but to rely on his parents to make a living.

• Hmmmm. I don't think you're a failure. School is hard and real life is even worse. Just do your very best and talk to your teachers. They're usually understanding. Then think about maybe look into taking a year off to work so your life can settle down.

• job corps takes forever to actually get you a job. why not get a part time job on your own and pay off what is needed.. you want to get community college and all your undergrad classes taken care of fast.

• go for it...

What Guys Said 2

• Take up a skilled trade. People who apprentice in electrical, plumbing, HVAC make a damn good living---especially if you eventually own the business.

• What exactly do you want to do?