Is waterboarding ACTUALLY torture?

I've heard its contravercial... Is it torture or not?

• Yes
  • No
I hope people dont think im crazy! I just curious.. It is something that happens.. I know this happens.. and some people actually do it. They are ordered to do it. It is their job.
One could say that waterboarding is only torture if you dont know how to swim...

Most Helpful Guy

• It is, it basically makes you feel exactly like your drowning to death without actually drowning and you can do it for extended periods of time, it is very, very effective and actually quite easy to do.

Another simple but effective means of psychological torture is retraining a person on say a table or floor laying on their back and having water drip rhythmically directly in the center of the persons forehead nonstop for hours or even days. Eventually they will crack and go completely insane

• I thought it was all over the face and in the mouth and nose?

• How do you know so much I about this if you don't mind me asking?

• @Shayvenessa I come from a large military family and it pays to know things like this, plus I study history and torture is part of history.

What Girls Said 4

• Yes because anything that makes you feel like drowning would cause a lot of people to panic and freak out.

• Yes it is, it's more psychological but physically it can feel like you're drowning, to me it sounds terrifying 😣

• I don't know, try it and come back to me :)

• But what If I dont come back? then you'll be a suspect in my murder!!! LOL

• I've never done it

• I am happy youve never done it.. If you have id either think you are working for the government in a violent way... I which id be pm'ing you about getting a job!!!

• -_-
      .

• LOL what? Im just being honest!

What Guys Said 15

• It's not physical in nature but it's more so a psychological degeneration technique that aims to weather down the will of the tortured so they'll divulge the information they are believed to be withholding from the captors.

The sand pit does that a lot obviously.

• Im surprised at how much people know on this website lol. I think thats why I keep coming back for questions that have nothing to do with girls asking guys or vise versa. Thanks for your input.

• Either way. Everyones wants to be a secret agent I suppose.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-CG5w4YwOI

• It's used in the Bible to kill king Hazael:
      In 1 Kings 19:15. God tells the prophet Elijah to anoint Hazael king over Aram Damascus. Years after this, the Syrian king Hadadezer was ill and sent his court official Hazael with gifts to Elijah's successor Elisha. Elisha asked Hazael to tell Hadadezer that he would recover, and he revealed to Hazael that the king would recover but would die of other means. The day after he returned to Hadadezer in Damascus, Hazael suffocated him and seized power himself.

2Kings 8:15
      But the next day he took a thick cloth, soaked it in water and spread it over the king's face, so that he died. Then Hazael succeeded him as king.

http://biblehub.com/2_kings/8-15.htm

• Yes it is torture. It is used to intentionally cause what is perceived by the recipient as life threatening harm. It may not be physical torture, but there is also another form of torture called "chinese water torture" which was aparently very effective, and it only involved dripping water onto someone's forehead continuously.

Both are torture, but not ncessarily phsyically harmful.

• I tink tat is what torture is suppose to be. To scare someone into thinking there life is in risk (but not imitate danger, because sometimes people will rather die instead of giving information.

• Yes try it on yourself one day with a water hose and see how it is

• LOL im fine, I dont think I've done anything to deserve it... but who knows?

• Do it! Do it! As your parents to waterboarding you!!!

• For real! If someone threatened me or the people I care about, best believe me, You just started a war with a one man army that can't be downed..

• "One could say that waterboarding is only torture if you dont know how to swim..."

One could, but then one would be an idiot lol.

• From what I have learned about it, it is frightening, but not torture. But, even if it is, it's fine by me, if its an international terrorist. Waterboard away...

• YES!!!
    It's torture, it's permanent psychological damage. For all intents and purposes, you're drowning but can't die, can you imagine?, that's hellish

• Yes, it is torture.

• no doubt about it, it IS torture. if you don't believe i, just look it up on youtube

• I have not done that yet... i not sue If I want too.

• Uh yeah.
    You're basically drowning a person, but stopping just short of actually drowning them.

• Here's the loophole these people use: What's torture?

• They do it in Navy Seal training. So that the Seal knows how far they can go before breaking.

• It is torture, obviously.

• It's simulated drowning, but it's more drowning than simulated. Definitely torture.

• Of course it is. People have died from it.

• Damn... that some serious shit

• is that the same as motorboating lol