Do you ever imagine being with your perfect spouse?

This sounded really odd to me until a friend of mine mention he did it too. Does anyone else have an ideal significant other that they think of when single (or sometimes coupled)? Like if someone walked up and asked you what your perfect SO would be like could you describe them? Not just physically but like thier mannerisms and how you'd behave with them. Much like an adult version of having an imaginary friend. I could when I was younger and recently since I've been getting bold enough to ask I've learned a lot of my friends did (or do) it too. So how about you? And if you do what are they like?

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 7

• Most definitely, I think just about everyone does. I have found it interesting to compare others, especially when someone gives a very shallow description and you realize how immature he or she is.

The best part though is when you meet someone that is just like the person you have always imagined, it is indescribable.

• When I was 16 to 22ish, yes! I had written down a bunch of times in my diary of the type of man I wanted to marry.

• Honestly I'd marry any guy who's faithful and honest.

But in a perfect world, he'd be sweet and loving. He'd be the type to surprise me with hugs from behind. He'd cuddle with me all the time and give me silly kisses all over my face. He'd make it a point to say "I love you" at least once a day. He'd hold my hand whenever we're outside, and put an arm around me when it's cold.

D*mn this question made me so incredibly sad and miserable :))

• but yeah, I think about this all the time. I don't see the point of living a life without someone special to share it with, someone to start a family with and grow old with.

ugh. I need to start dating :))

• You're settling if you'd marry any guy who's faithful and honest. I don't know who's ruined your faith in men but your dream guy if that's all you want definitely exists somewhere.

• thanks :) that's really encouraging :)

• all the time. i believe i think about it too much

• I do sometimes.

• yes, one day I hope to find him and have a family.

• Yes I have imagined this many times

What Guys Said 5

• Those images have faded over time, and the girl next to me in all of those fantasies has disappeared into the night, with her hand slowly pulling away from my farthest reach. With no voice nor silhouette framing her construct even in spirit, she is gone.

The future has nobody, and I'm fine with that. Maybe it's better that way.

• I think it's great that you can look at the future and see yourself living comfortably single but the way you wrote that sounded so sad lol

• They aren't equally satiating. The nature of causality makes the former a stronger principle to live by.

• Don't really care about entropy. If we all lived life rationally we'd all be dead by now. Trust me I've been down that route of reasoning. And if you continue down it I promise you'll put a gun to your head (or something like that) and either pull the trigger or say fuck being rational I want to live.

• Yeah lol I do, as I've said in many questions my most important goal in life is to have a family, wife and children. Everything I do works towards that goal, right from my education to down my individual skills I will pass on.

• I think most people do. We as a species i think a great deal of us think of our ideal significant other in our heads i sure do a lot. Me and a couple of my close personal guy friends we even talk about it. And go into great detail too. Hair to personality and behavior. :P so yeah We do it.

• I can't imagine my perfect spouse, I can only imagine myself with hot women I have seen. I don't even know what my perfect spouse will be, and I'd rather her be a surprise.

• Similar to my Mom.