Whats your opinion on feminism?

Tbh, I don't think feminism is bad AT ALL.
There's a lot of sexism, I even experience it in my every day life, see it on TV, know people who are sexist.
And I mean we're sticking up for ourselves like big fucking deal, although I agree that it can be over the limit to the point that feminists will be so involved that they start to be sexist against men, although I do agree with some feminists, sexism needs to stop, and I mean BOTH ways, but most of the time its pointed towards women.
If sexism was towards men and women equally, there would be an outrage from both sides. Guys who don't agree with feminists don't know how it feels to be harassed over their gender, seriously guys, if there was prejudism towards you from some people cause of your sex, you'd be pissed too wouldn't you?

Equality for the win :D

Most Helpful Girl

• I definitely support the cause, as it has good intentions. Just because women now have most of the same rights as men doesn't mean we don't experience prejudice and discrimination because of our gender. I just think the hate it gets on here can be irrational. People act like they're some form of terrorist organisation.

• Yes ikr! And when women agree with feminism some guys get the tendency to believe they're against men and believe that women think men don't get any harassment, but women are really on the receiving end most of the time. Just because some women are feminists doesn't mean we're against equality you know?

• That literally made me laugh, thank you.

• No problem💩❤️ @CorruptedDocument

What Guys Said 16

• http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qQhEv9Ov7nQ

^ if they're about equality and women's rights and not about demonising men, why would they silence women who had been victimised and abused by other women? Did you know that lesbian domestic violence rates are higher than straight ones, and the gay male DV rates are lower? Why do they only talk about straight domestic violence by men?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ix5-jqQYU1M

^ here they threaten a woman who just wanted to help male victims as well as women.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?
    =iARHCxAMAO0

^ here they want to stop a talk about male suicide of which men make 80% of suicide deaths.

This is why so many people dislike feminists, plus they lie a lot:

time.com/.../

The biggest ones being unequal pay for the same work and rape culture. Overall feminism does more to create hatred and division between gender than anything else. It doesn't teach women to be strong and independent either, it teaches them that they're victims of everything.

• Those are some feminists, no "feminists". Those aren't real feminists because they lost their sole purpose for equality and to stop sexism to all genders, but women get hit the hardest with sexism, its not that we're ignoring harassment to males, some are just focusing on the most common aspects of it. Some feminists are just plain hateful, but focus on the good too, because there are real and good feminists. And ya once again, males really aren't as much of a victim to sexism as women, but you're right, it doesn't mean they aren't at all.

• I just think it's hypocritical to say they're about equality then attack people who want to talk about males issues, and in the paedophile video women talking about how they were abused by women. The response is always that they aren't real feminists and that not all feminists are like that, but who are the good feminists? Usually they're people like. yourself, genuine people who actually think that feminism is about equality but who have no influence. Professional feminists such as those who run domestic violence shelters are very often those feminists you would say are "not real feminists". Here in the UK men are approximately 40% pf domestic violence victims. When you talk to the women who run DV shelters though they often become hostile to the idea of helping men too or opening. more. male shelters and they say it's more like 52-10% male victims and 90-98% female.

• There are 4000 shelters here for women, and 25 for men. Even if their very low number of 2% was correct, that would mean that there should be at least 80 domestic violence shelters for men, but the real number is probably a lot more - and they're hostile to the idea of building more because that would take funding away from them.

• I want women to be happy. I want men to be happy.

You probably don't notice the downsides to being male, because you aren't. Likewise, it is sometimes hard for us guys to understand your perspective.

Just because some guys at the top of the social hierarchy are doing great does not mean all men are. We die earlier, end up in prison more often, commit suicide more often. The majority of us never manage to reproduce. We are called out as creeps or sexists for being attracted to women. We are feared as racists, paedophiles, take your pick.

• *sexists, not racists

• @Asker: There are masculinists. Though they are called Men's Rights Advocates - and represent just what their title suggests. They are among one of the largest growing social support groups. I belong to two such different FB pages.

• @sobg71124: Oh lol.

• What we need is a humanistic movement that is aimed at improving the social and cultural conditions for both genders and relations between them.

• Oh ehm I believe in equality
    I hate people being sexist
    Like, a friend once was like 'she parked her car well, for a woman'
    What kind of nonsense is that?

• I agree like 100%, couldn't have said it better :) and ya what your friend said is bs

• Everyone does haha

• Yeah, those kinds of stupid comments are so commonplace and really demeaning. I know I was really clueless with regards to this mindset before I met some feminists. I still don't agree with a lot of what they think, though.

• This sums it up:
    www.google.co.uk/url

• Thank you for being a real feminist not feminazi, I love being a feminist.

• Feminism (dictionary. com) - Advocating equal social, economic, and political rights for women as men's.

I am completely opposed to it, it is unnatural, it is inhumane, it is an abomination. It has degraded both men and women. Imagine a fish that wants to be the fisherman if you can understand that analogy.

But I'll still date them and put up with them if they're hot ;p

• Then why do you think women and men are completely different? We're really not that different you know. There are more and nore studies that show that men and women are not so. different and we exaggerate the differences waayyy to much.

• Also the the opinion owner, I don't think you understand @spuitkaas point, those differences like pregnancy and muscle tons and bone structure, doesn't matter, sure, they're differences, but not real differences to make us have different minds and logic and hearts. Men and women are really more alike than most people think, by heart, not by physical appearance. S

• Statistically, we are different.

• I'm an Asian guy living in a western world, and let me tell you now that the vast majority of "feminists" know nothing about being on the receiving end of prejudice.

Kicking up a fuss about non existant and self caused issues such as the pay gap only distract society away from the real and pressing problems of gender inequality.

• Well, once again you're entitled to your own opinion, as am I, but i'll have to disagree on some terms because, there is sexism, women are most of the time on the receiving end, likewise with men sometimes. But yes there's feminists who are arrogant and their sole reason for doing feminist campaigns is to pinpoint men and set up a bad image for them. But sexism is existent, both ways, but it really is mainly towards women.

• Was it because she was female or was it because the other guy did a better job?

• Because she was female, my mom was a great at her job, it was int he magazine business...

• People don't take feminism seriously because of all the rabid ones who claim that males aren't people and should be burned on a stake. They would mostly need the support of males to create a real change in male behavior and male values, but that won't happen if all they do is alienate them.

Basically, feminism itself isn't enough to make a change in their regard.

• Well yes, true feminism, that thing you're talking about is not real feminism thats another form of sexism!
      So yup you're right

• @CorruptedDocument that is the most boring fallacy because everyone keeps referring to it; yet people are angry when you say islamist extremists are followers of Islam and then they say "but they aren't real Muslims" to which you say HAH no true scotsman and it really doesn't get the discussion anywhere.

• It describes it perfectly, to them they aren't true feminist so they should be ignored, however most of feminism is made up of them (crazies).

• People tend to back away from it because they disagree with some forms of feminism and they don't want to be associated with that. Some others just don't know enough about it to care. But all that isn't too bad, because i think situations will improve with time and the limited support it does have.

• I agree, but there are good feminists, I feel like some people just focus on the bad.

• If a person can't let their actions speak for them but a title they give themselves then that tells me that individual hasn't personally done much for the advancement of human rights and respect for each other. I don't generalize groups. I'll judge people by who THEY are. Not what they say they are or what group they say represents them.

• Yup, a woman saying she's a feminist doesn't make her one unless she has a real reason and cause for it, which is for equal rights and self defense, not revenge and sexism towards men.

• If someone asks me what I stand for I tell them what I've done. I don't say "I stand for this this and this" because that means nothing and has helped no one by simply saying I stand for something. I say "I have done this this and this" because at least something occurred from that.

• I need to learn a thing or two from you lol :)

• I just find it's funny how when speaking of religion and radicals we jump at it's throat... but when radical feminists are involved we jump to Feminism's defence.

Fact is, Feminism has lost it's touch after the Second Wave.

I think it's best we move to something new, something more appropriate.

• Thats pretty correct, I also sometimes feel like it doesn't have a real cause at times, like instead of making the world a better place or like sticking up for themselves, I feel like feminism is starting to be more of revenge and another form of sexism towards men.

• Woow, like ya, what she even trying to change or promote lol?

• I don't know, but she came across as extremely bigoted. I'm glad I'm done with her this year.

• My opinion is that it has been the worst influence on the Western world as we know it.

• So, do you just not agree with feminism or are you actually sexist?
      by the way I won't judge you, you're entitled to your own opinions and its real not worth fighting over rn. :D

• Holy crap! I thought I was going to hear an earful from you for my comments! Cool...

• Nah lol, I mean i'm a what people would call good feminist I guess lol? Yes, I stand up for women's rights and defend sexism and harassment towards women, but I don't overdue it to the level that i'm pinpointing all guys and wishing horrible things on them. I also know there is sexism and harassment towards men as well, so i'm all for equality :)

• Not a fan of it

• What would you think of masculinism?

• Same thing, you guys are sticking up for yourselves, its brave and fair. Although, I really believe that women get hit hardest with sexism.

• Itallover said "I just think the hate it gets on here can be irrational. People act like they're some form of terrorist organisation."

I would like some examples, just because one thinks something is true, doiesn't mean that it is.

What Girls Said 4

• I love this question and I think you handle everyone here with respect and a listening ear. Chapeau for you. You can give your opinion on a very peaceful way.
    Sometimes guys seem to underestimate the realness of sexual harassment to women. For example my male friends didn't really believe it either that harassment is a real thing, till they walk a little bit more behind me and my friend through the city. They were really surprised that women get several forms of sexual harassment in a few hours just walking.
    I think the radical movement has given feminism a really bad name. Honestly I've never heard of this movement in real life. Only on the internet, but maybe that's because I'm not American. Who knows.

• There are groups, foundations, and meetings devoted to sexism (or at least here in America). And thank you :)!
      Yup, I guess most guys don't mean to be harsh about it, but it seems so unrealistic to them that they think its not real.

• Lots of these guys are well-raised and learned from their parents that they should respect women. They're afraid feminism stands for the overpowering of women, which is not really a wrong assumption because of the name.

Feminism is very silent here in the Netherlands. You never see it in the news or anything. Only thing we see is on the internet where Americans are super busy with it.

• Yeah i agree. I think radical feminism has given it a bad name. Most feminists I know are much more liberal and believe in equality. I honestly don't know why some guys get so pissed about it, like i'm involved in campaigns for causes that directly affect me such as campaigning to get indirect taxes lifted off female sanitary products in the UK, which are not considered 'essential', whereas men's razors are considered essential and have no VAT.

• I really don't understand it either and its hard to find the root for the hate towards it. And ya, I mean my mom was paid about $10 less than her male colleagues at her old job! And when I go shopping with my friend or parents or siblings, etc sometimes female products are more expensive than male products?

• i'm not so sure. indirect taxes hits the poorest hardest. it's hardly fair @openhearted65

• Yes the poorest will be worse off but that an easy fix if they raise the tax free income tax threshold

• one word.. Equality
    Women aren't better than men, and men aren't better than women. But sometimes I see feminists in the newspapers doing those crazy things...*shakes my head*

• I'm with the girl from the photo

25.media.tumblr.com/...m8o91hjt081rr7wa6o1_500.jpg