Does anyone else get scoped out by security when they go clothes shopping?

So this kind of exasperbates my already firm hatred for shopping but I noticed the other day that this one security officer at a clothing store kept hanging around the areas I would be in clothes shopping. He'd just be slowly walking around just looking at the clothes himself but I found him always checking things out near me wherever I went. Plus he's on duty so he can't just browse for fun himself he has to be on watch for shop lifters which I assume he thinks he was doing. I honestly felt like acting really sketchy on purpose to screw with him but I didn't want to get falsely accused of shop lifting since it'd be my word against his.

Does anyone else get profiled as a shop lifter when they go out?

Most Helpful Girl

• no didn't happened to me

What Girls Said 4

• Next time it happens, you should call him out in front of the customers and loudly strike up a conversation about racial profiling.

• or even talk to his manager

• He was white and I'm white I don't think that would fly.

• Whoops, my bad! Sorry for making the assumption!
      Maybe try turning around and asking if he's following you or pull out your phone and record it, loudly saying that profiling can happen to white people to, as if you're going to post it on WorldStar? lol

• Yeah when I'm by myself and I'm wearing flipflops and loose clothes :( that's kind of why I make it a point to dress up when I go to malls- I just hate feeling the weight of their stare, you know? It makes me feel all antsy and nervous and just makes them even more suspicious :(

• All minorities do & anyone covered in tattoos

• All the time. Especially in huge malls, they make me feel as if I was to steal something when in all reality I am more than sure that i'll be their biggest customer of the day because I hardly go clothes shopping but when I do, I really do shop but with behavior like that from them just makes me feel some sort f way.

What Guys Said 3

• The other day a security card followed me out the shop and asked me what's in my hand. It's was a giving bag from the chemist with medicine in it.
    I was so pissed off as I just spent £200 on aftershave in that store! Asshole.

• never happened... generally never stopped by security... shall i worry?

• Sometimes I do. Not only that but I've noticed that when I go on public transit they sometimes take that extra 3 seconds to give me a transfer as they count to make sure I've put in the correct fare.