Tips to start not to hate yourself so much?

I have made some improvements but still not anywhere near loving myself. I dont believe the compliments I get, I find it hard to believe anyone could love me for me, I'm not that interesting tbh, I just feel like a loser sometimes

Most Helpful Girl

• Write all your good traits and qualities on a piece of paper and read them to yourself in the mirror every morning. I did that for a while and it helped me a lot after a while.

What Girls Said 5

• You have to be positive and keep fighting until you're out of that rut =]

• Exercise and eating healthy promote "happy chemicals" in your brain. The cause of most depression (most, not all) is poor diet and lack of exercise. I speak from experience because it worked for me! :)

• Do more of why your good at or your hobby. Whenever I hate myself I paint to remind myself in talented. I don't know might work

• How about everyday list 1 thing positive about yourself? Everyday make it a habit to think better about yourself so you feel better about yourself. :)

• Listen to cute songs and forget to think about yourself. When im depressed and thinking emo stuff i listen to kpop.

What Guys Said 3

• embrace yer good traits bro ;)

• Welcome to my world. Find comfort in that you are not alone. For me I just belive im cursed and meant for other things in this life then love. One day the one for you shall come. And you shall not feel as a loser. (Actually If you can get out into the sun a lot and exercise if you can, That does improve your self worth a lot, It really do work)

Keep your head high and stand tall! You are not alone!

• I have been going through this for years as well, it sucks. Every time I walk by a group of people and they laugh, I just think think they're laughing at me even though I know they're not. It's a gorrible feeling to feel like a complete unlovable loser. This doesn't just happen though, it starts slowly with little failures and it just builds on top of past failures making believe that failing is the only thing you're capable of. Once you get that train of thought it's an almost never ending cycle, it's called learned helplessness. I suggest you learn about it, understanding what exactly it is you have will be extremely beneficial to you. I'm am starting to make HUGE strides now and for the first time in years I actually feel alive, confident, normal, happy, and satisfied. This is how I did it. First I went through a major life change, moved to a different country. I met a bunch of new people and made a bunch of nee friends. I also set difficult but achievable goals for myself. The goals can be anything, the important thing is you need to accomplish them and they have to be just challenging enough so you feel satisfied when you accomplish them. You're basically trying to rewire tour brain from thinking it's a loser to think it's a winner. I have also come up with a new rule for myself that whenever I decide on doing something I HAVE to donit no matter what. It can be the smallest thing too, like take out the trash by 3. When you always follow through with your word it makes you feel good about yourself. Next I changed my look, got new much better clothes, new styled haircut, and contacts. It's been a long way and it's taken more than half a year to get to this point but all the hard work has been worth it. I am not where I was at my best, but at this rate I'm sure I'll make it and surpass it. This is how I've gotten rid of the negativity in my life, I hope this helps you :). Also, I got a date with a really cute and great girl today, something I never saw possible half a year ago. It didn't just happen though, it took a lot of hard work. Think of it like this: Would you date yourself if you were the opposite gender? If no, why not and what would make you want to date you? Once you figure that out, work on becoming that lerson and be the best version of yourself.

• sorry for the terrible grammar, I rushed through and never proofread

• Done some research into it and you hit the nail on the head, some of the improvements I made in the past followed the same lines as the suggested treatment so now I know that works I'll keep doing that, let me know how the date goes by the way mate :)

• I'm glad I was of help :). Just remember, there is no quick fix to this, you have to undo years of unhealthy learning. You only get out whatever you put in, it's a lot of hard work and you can't give up, giving up will just make you sink deeper. I really wish you the best of luck!!! I know you can get out of this rot buddy! Thanks, it's not till Sunday so I'll late you knkw then.