Why are young people in America today so cowardly?

Why do so many refuse to join the Military and serve our country?

Most Helpful Guy

• There can be many reasons to not join the military. In fact, during the Vietnam War draft, many men gave up a lot to avoid fighting in a war they believed they should not fight in, either because they thought any killing was wrong, or because they thought that war was wrong. It took many of them a lot of courage to give up family and home to leave the US or to stay and go to jail. And by the way, I served during that time and also ended up staying in the military till I retired from it.

Also, right now there is not a call for a lot of people to serve. If all tried to join way over half would be refused because there would be no place for them.

What Girls Said 1

• Because it isn't their calling and it has nothing to do with being coward?

What Guys Said 8

• Because some people just don't want to serve. I don't think you understand how the military works. People sign up to join because they want to serve their country, others love there country but would rather be a doctor or own a sporting goods store than carry a rifle. It has nothing do do with cowardice or patriotism. It has everything to do with calling and what they want to do.
    By the way Mr Anonymous, are you currently serving in the military? Well how could you prove that any way, so i think i will just continue with me preconceived notion about who and what you are. Because i am certain it is true.

• I'm not American, I'm German, but the American youth is still way tougher than the German youth. I think it's due to retarded left-wing ideologies and the liberals.

The German youth are all socialist - commies who want feminism and hate Germany and its military. Cowards who bitch around instead of contributing productively.

• It's the same in America trust us.

• :/ There was a junior election at my high school and 90 % voted for that left-wing communist / socialist party or that eco hippie-party that promotes feminism ( queerfeminism too ) incest, pedophilia, vegans, and above all socialism and drugs. Sad how things are going down the tube in the west. They'll all be like : Oh, let's let all illegal immigrants come in, they will learn German ( or English in the US ) and assimilate, they are no terrorists and they will pay their taxes of course. That's what the German youth and the American youth seem to want, at leas a lot of them. THEY WILL DO NONE OF THE ABOVE. They'll just build their mosques and force us into Islam and tell us how to live our lives. Look at England : There are parts of London where there are no English left ! That's all because of that childishly naive left-wing attitude ! OMG , gotta despise this ideology !

• America wasn't built on serving others.

It was built on the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

An American or anyone else should become a soldier only if it is in his or her self-interest to do so, which means that it is a war worth fighting and that it is being properly fought.

America is turning the other cheek and engaging in nation-building and exporting democracy. America is sacrificing its soldiers and civilians. Why would anyone want to be part of that?

• not joinin da military doesn't make u a coward :)

• It's almost as if people have different personalities or something, weird.

• Sayeth the douche hiding behind anonymity 😁

• Not everyone believes whatever comes across the television. Some people think

• That doesn't mean cowardice.

• Liberalism man. But this is rich coming from an anon :')