Are mormons considered Christians?

Just curious.

It would be nice if you can explain the difference between them and other denominations

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah, there are LDS and FLDS though. So not all Mormons are the same. They read the Book of Mormon rather than the bible.

What Girls Said 2

• Yeah, they too are Christians

• They base their beliefs on the old testament of the bible and yes they are

What Guys Said 9

• No, not by the standard definition. They believe in a very different concept.

www.4truth.net/fourtruthpbnew.aspx

God
    In Mormonism, they believe in a created God,
    Christianity believes in an eternal God

Book
    Mormonism believes that the book of mormon is the context of the faith
    Christians use the Bible

Founder
    Joseph Smith founded Mormonism on the context of apparent Christian corruption
    Christ founded Christianity

Life after death
    Mormons believe when dead, one will inherit God status and become a God inheriting their own universe
    Christians believe heaven will be with God

Humanity
    mormonism claims people are God's literal offspring through intercourse
    Christians believe we were created in Gods image, not through the means of intercourse

There are many differences and the further you look, the more apparent the differences are. Mormonism claims to be Christian but strays from the teachings, but claims for credibility

• in my opinion they are but

www.youtube.com/watch

• 0|0
    • Dude I know about Wikipedia but I just want brief answers.

• (the language I'm using is meant to be short, not offensive)
    Long story short, Mormons believe that their head dude was touched by God and told to write the Book of the Mormon.
    In this book there are new laws for them to follow, along with details of the faith changed.
    So they still believe in Christ, they just have some extra doctrine to go along with it.

• No, they're considered Mormons.

• Mormons are a spawn of Christianity... I was raised Catholic and we viewed Mormonism as a perverted version of Christianity and referred to it as a cult.

• YES. I AM A MORMON :)

• Yes and no. They worship the same Jesus, but the details of his life are different.

• Read that as morons. Confirmation bias at work. I think they are.