Can I donate my blood If?

Can I donate my blood if I take medicine? I'm on medicine because of my schizoaffective disorder. I also have o negative blood and I know how badly it is needed.

Most Helpful Guy

• O negative is not common, so they can use it. Medications are usually not a problem; they'll ask you questions about that.

What Guys Said 5

• If you don't know, go to a blood donation facility and ask one of the people who run it whether or not your medication will affect your ability to give blood. From what I've seen though, there doesn't seem to be restrictions regarding prescribed medications. At least in Australia the only real regulations are recent tattoos, low-iron, pregnancy, potential illness (not the mental kind, thank god), use of recreational drugs and something about travelling to Britain between a certain time (?). You should be in the clear, unless you tick any of those other boxes.

DON'T take my word for it though. Go ask someone who does that for a job. I'm sure they'll be more than happy to answer. After all, they know how much they need your blood type too, and know what can happen if you get a bad sample (Nothing good).

• no u must b clean 8)

• I have no idea about that

• I know most medicines isn't a problem but some are.
    I'm not to sure about yours I would go and ask.

• You better ask the place where they take donations.
    Personally, I don't know, but I assume it varies country by country.

What Girls Said 2

• Thats great that you want to donate :). Most medications do not prevent you from donating blood. However of course I would just ask and see to make sure.

• no you should not.