I feel like every decision I make is the wrong one?

I keep making stupid decisions. I don't know if anyone has ever felt the way I do but I always do something and then immediately regret it. Most of the time I just walk away and cry. Like today, I talked to my crush and it ended on a bad note. I rode off on my bike and cried and came back home hours later. No matter what I do, it's never the right decision. Whenever it's possible for me to mess up in school, at home, or screw up my social life, I mess up in the worst way possible. I screw up everything.

Most Helpful Guy

• Despite what others have said, there is nothing funny about you feeling this way. The teen years are about developing some competence in learning to deal with the world on your own, and unfortunately, most of the lessons are learned by making mistakes. It can be devastating to feel incompetent when you think others in your world are doing so well.

As a teen, you develop the ability for introspection and you become aware of every little thought and feeling that you have and all of your inner insecurities and fears. You then compare what you perceive about yourself to what you perceive about others. Of course, others are projecting this very "together" image because they don't want people to see how screwed up they are, so. . . when you compare all of your self-critical awareness to your perception of these apparently "got it together" people, you convince yourself that you are the most screwed up person on the planet. And you're not. . . because most teens feel the same way but most of them refuse to talk about it.

All of this is compounded by the fact that people with good intentions (you know where that road leads, don't you?) tell you how "unique" you are. Of course, two grains of sand on the beach will both look unique if you examine them with enough magnification, but that doesn't mean that they are really any different than any other grain of sand. The anthropologist Margaret Mead summed it up very well: "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else."

You will survive your teen years. I'm sure that, at this point, you can't imagine how you will survive three more months of this agony. You will slowly get smarter, you will slowly develop better social skills, and you will eventually look back on these years and say "I never want to be a teen again!"

Good luck!

What Guys Said 4

• I feel that way sometimes. The best thing to do is to change how you look at each situation. Maybe the conversation with your crush did not go as planned... but at least you talked to them and you did the best you could. Its normal to be feel awkward when talking to people we find attractive. We live and learn. It slowly gets easier each time.

Don't put so much pressure on yourself. You are only human and we all make mistakes. Yes it will sting a little. But don't dwell on it. Look back and learn from it. What events lead up to the mistake and what can you to next time to try and avoid the same mistakes in the future.

All of that being said if you feel sad/nervous all the time you may have depression or anxiety which basically results from our bodies not producing enough dopamine. If you think this may be the case take some online tests and if you can see a Dr.

Good luck!

• hahahhaa i feel that way wid my decisions made in my teen years... but shit... we cannot undo them :(

• You have to be well calculated in your decisions. Asses the situation holisticly, imagine different outcomes, adreasons your intuition then just pick the best option. If it doesn't work out then all you've done is gain experience. Live life through bold actions - tenacity.

• We all have days like that but tomorrow is another day, fresh start.

What Girls Said 2

• Its okay. You can learn from those mistakes and stop making mistakes later on. Einstein said freedom is not real freedom unless it involves the freedom to make mistakes.

• you're still young. don't worry about it.