Worried about my safety? PLEASE READ AND GIVE ADVICE?

I got a call from an unknown number and after a few times of ignoring it, I finally decided to answer and tell them to stop calling me. Turned out it was a lady telling me I had signed up for a modeling opportunity. (I never did). She told me she had a picture of me and knew what color my hair was. I asked her to take me off the calling list, but I'm worried about the fact that they (whoever they are) have my contact information and know what I look like. Should I be as concerned as I'm feeling? I'm really worried about my safety. And if I should be worried, what do I do to ensure my safety?

• Don't worry about it!
  • You should be concerned!

Most Helpful Guy

• I never answer hidden numbers, it is always a scam or sales call. If you have facebook and many multi media accounts then people know everything about you. When you walk into some stores your phone tells them who you are.

To stop these calls means going off the grid. Microsoft and google have information on most of the people on the planet.

What Guys Said 8

• It's about as trivial as the ones calling to say your the big winner in some fake lottery. If she could in fact describe you in detail that could be a problem. Anyone here on this site could tell anyone else they could describe them in great detail , but the fact it would be total BS still prevales

• She said she had a picture of only my nose and mouth... But knew my hair color

• I think if you had let her finish her big sails pitch she would have been after some donation or worse , your bank account info. Some one tried this crap on my wife about two months ago when she was contacted concerning her ( my wife ) winning a big lottery from out of the country. The caller really tried to get our bank account info. My wife finally told the called to forward her winnings to our Sherriffs Dept and we would go by there to pick it up lmbo. The nice lady hung up on my wife

• Duh you should be concerned. If you don't remember signing up for one, it's likely a scam. Plenty of people get scammed everyday... don't be one of them.

• What do I do then?

• They're most likely gonna do that... so just say "I'm not interested" and hangup.

• Thanks

• Do not worry about it, just ignore it. If you start worrying, you will exacerbate the problem. I don't know, watch a comedy or something or talk to a friend about this.

• They just playin. They got nothing better to do than try to scare people. That b*tch don't have any idea what you look like. They just wanna take advantage of you

• I wouldn't worry about it. I get calls like that all of the time.

• Most likely a scam

• Many girls end up kidnapped and sold as sex slaves. Call the FBI.

What Girls Said 6

• Why worry? Its only a telephone and you said you were not interested. Those kind of enquiring companies often get phone lists from banks and other organisations (against payment) and they try to get customers via call centers. What country do you live? In the EU, you don't have to worry.

• You should google the number and see if this has happened to others and what they say. I always google every weird number that calls me and there's normally so many other people who are complaining about the scam as well.

• Thanks I took your advice and it turns out a lot of people have asked about the number but no one knows about it

• Ok thank you so much! I had one of my friends check it out too, and he said they were a scam company but technically legal--So I shouldn't worry.

• That would freak me out too lol I don't blame you for being worried

• it was probably a mistake. Did she know your name?

• Yes. And she said she had a pic of only my nose and mouth. But knew my hair color

• It's probably a scam, don't worry about it unless they keep contacting you

• I would contact the police.

• Don't worry about it!