I just want to draw but my body won't let me :(?

I have so many ideas that I just want to draw!, but I have mild cerebral palsy which is hardly noticeable but effects muscle movement so it's harder to draw especially straight. I'm a writer I love to write poetry and in good at it, there's something about words that inspires me but sometimes those words can't express and I want to draw but I can't. What do I do? I brought pencils a sketch book and everything

Most Helpful Guy

• Are there other forms of drawing that might work? I have the basic skills to do fine art, but Fine art isn't my strength. The computer tends to be where my skills go - so I use the computer.

Is there something that you can cover it up (certain paints let you rework certain things), or something that will give you better control? Can you turn it into a positive? I know Dr Katz squiggle vision became a style. Is there a way to keep YOU in the art?

Sculpture? Puppetry? Typing (writing), using charcoals/pastels? There's a lot of things you can try and still be an artist.

What Guys Said 5

• If you can draw a better eye that I can, from your previous question, you can probably do wonder; just keep on trying and be patient. Anything you can come up with would probably be good. Just try to draw one thing at a time and don't force yourself too much

• Aww, that's really sad.

But here's my take on it: Use your disability as an obstacle to make you stronger. Even if this celebral palsy makes you jerky, turn that jerkiness into a work of art. Draw in such a way that no one has ever seen before. And then I ask you, what is the use of such a straight line when you can draw so uniquely?

• You literally can't tell I have this at all excecpt when I go to draw :/ the problem with that theory is, is when I want to draw what's in my head but can't

• Hey sister, practice makes perfect.

"The miracle is not to finish. The miracle is having the courage to start."

How badly do you want this?

• I am also an artist myself and I use digital sketchbook tablets a lot, maybe try it and see if it feels better, I find that its less strain on your wrists and feels more free and less restricting. Give it a shot at your university/school or whatever :)

• Don't give up... if you want to draw just draw. Be patient with yourself when the result isn't perfect

• No need to draw. who force you to draw it. and dont worry sold you sketch book and pencil on olx.

What Girls Said 3

• u know what? this is really interesting. i want u to try this someday.

grab a paper, a few pencils and ur sketchbook. clear ur mind and begin to make movements on your page. dont even look at it. close ur eyes and just let this mild condition take you over for just a moment. use it to guide ur movement. when you open your eyes, you may be a little confused or unimpressed by what you see, but i can guarantee you that this is therapy.

dont force yourself to be something you're not. keep a habit of letting this free through your drawing, even if it isn't completely perfect. it will be your own no matter what, and true art is originality anyway.

• Just don't give up
    There are many different ways to draw something

• Practice drawing and find a way to work around your difficulties