What specific food your country/state is known for (if there is any)?

If a foreigner were to visit your place, what food would you want them to remember when they think of the place you're in?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 15

• Barbeque lol Chicago/Jersey/New York areas are famous for their pizzas and we Kansans are famous for our barbeque, just ask NFL coach now KS Chief coach Andy Reeds he is basically twice the size he was when he first came here from eating it all.

This one place in my town their moto is we're open till the meat runs dry the barbeque is so good there that it is literally all gone within 2-3 hours of the place opening with the lines sometimes going out into the parking lot. After all the meat they prepare is gone, they close up for the day lol.

• Must be really good for that to be consumed/sold that fast! :) Okay, noted! BBQ in Kansas a must try :)

• Mhmm but only in Hutchinson that's were the place is were they shut down when they run out.

• Canada is known for poutine and maple syrup.

Here in Ontario, though, it's peameal bacon sandwiches first and foremost... and then butter tarts and street meat (hot dogs)

• Okay, I've searched about it. They look nice, might taste nice too :)

• Barbecue and Mexican food.

• fries yo ;)

• kabsa
    Sfiha
    musakhan
    Falafel
    Hummus
    kunafa
    Kofta
    Shawarma

• Starbucks coffee from Seattle! My parents came from Beijing and the famous food there is Peking Roast Duck.

• Peking Roast Duck, have you tried it?

• Yeah but full of healthy herbs at least wild duck that I eat is.

• also we'd honestly rather have the all of the foods instead of what they just give us.

• Nor Cal is known for avocado everything, tri tip roast, california rolls (sushi), pho (vietnamese soup), korean bbq, lobster bisque/rolls, clam chowder, sourdough bread

• Most people try conch first. Raw, straight out of the ocean with some veggies

• Known for Salmon mostly but other fish as well (Tuna, some Cod etc.) and Starbucks >.<

• Koshari
    Kabab
    Tarb
    Fatah
    All Egyptian food

• Okay, I'm not familiar with any of what you've mentioned. I'll search about those. Which one do you like best?

• Having a preference isn't racist lol

• LMAO I really like them all equally l Egyptian food is just awesome but not all westerns can eat it lol

• We can eat our national fauna emblems, kangaroo and emu!

• Anything fried: Texas

• BARBECUE AND SLAW

• Salmon.
    Moose.
    Reindeer.

• I'm American. We're known for our food in general...

• Okay. So what I'm asking is supposedly I came to your place, every time I think of ____, what food would I likely remember it because in that place that certain kind of food is one of a kind?

• My comment was actually supposed to be a joke about America's infamous obesity epidemic

The first foods that come to my mind when I think of traditional American foods are Hamburgers, hot dogs, and pizza-- None of which were even invented here. The only thing I can think of that I know came from America is the Coca-cola cake. However, after browsing the other opinions I see that BBQ was apparently invented here, so maybe that?

What Girls Said 8