Are your twenties really meant for failures?

I'm about to turn 22 and dreading it. I lost my 3 year relationship and I've attempted to get into law enforcement. I failed out.. I want to go back to school and go back the academy after.. but as a reserve officer working part time. I want to major in business managent. Start my own business.. make at least six figures by the time I hit 28. Has anyone known someone to start college later and still become successful?

At 18 I literally had no clue what life was about or what I wanted to do. I would of failed out of college.

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't say that it is a time for failure, rather it's a period of discovery. This is the age where we figure out who we really are, what we would like to do with our lives, go to college, start a career, things like that. It's normal for a lot of people to not know exactly what they want to do at 18; it's probably the reason why so many friends of mine changed their majors several times (I did as well), so they could figure out what career path was right for them. Also I know people that went back to college in their mid 20s or later and are successful in their field.

What Girls Said 1

• That's an ambitious plan, my love. As long as you understand that there is an extremely high failure rate with entrepreneurship, give it a shot.

And I do think that youth is a time to make mistakes. That's not to say that you won't make mistakes when you're older either, but there are fewer consequences to doing so now.

What Guys Said 3

• hahahha no... my 20s r more successful than my teens

• Your twenties (and whole life) are a time of discovery.

• I was stupid at 18 too but in different ways. I was so naieve and child-like, way too religious and no experience with girls or life of any kind. Now I've changed. I wouldn't say twenties is meant for failures. It's more meant for trying out things before you finally know what you like and settle down with it...