Devil, is She or He?

do you think the Devil is he or she?
you can think of the Devil from religious point of view, or whatever your concept of "Devil" is.
also why do you think in movies and some books, the Devil is always related to sex, lust and seduction?

Most Helpful Guy

• Lucifer is a spirit, and thus does not have a body, and thus is neither a he NOR a she. The only reason I refer to Lucifer as a he is because The English language has no pronoun that is uni-sexual, singular, non-possessive, and that refers to someone other than the speaker. (same goes for God.)

• Yes it does. Just say "they". It's an accepted singular pronoun now.

• It just occured to me that you were referring to the English language. So never mind.

• Yup. Sorry for being unclear, I was on mobile, and I'm always too lazy to type any more than necessary.

What Guys Said 7

• Seeing as the Devil existed before Man or Woman, I would assume logically it is neither. But then again, religion is ridiculous and these are just stories anyway, so most likely a He.

• Well Lucifer is a male name, but I don't think angels have genders. Actually, i think the Bible has said something about angels not having genders in heaven, but becoming a gender when they enter the human realm. If i had to guess, I'd say the Devil has no gender in hell, but his hunan form is male.

• 1: since we are talking about misogynist religions it should be a woman

2: since women are considered weak and punishment (which is the devils task) would need a strong being it should be a man XD

• he i believe

• They always make it male, but I think it just doesn't exist, heh.

• Satan is a fallen angel and angels have no reproductive system so it's satan is both or considered gender neutral.

• Transexual...

What Girls Said 6

• I don't think he exists. Because it's an invention by the church to her people to shell out money so that they can feel like their soul is being saved from something.
    "Hell is empty and the devils are here" that was written by Shakespeare and it was mean to signify that the devil isn't some guy underground with a pitch fork. Instead it's something that sits inside you and me and walks around and exists in our world, in all of us.

• I've always imagined the devil as a dude.

• I've thought it was some kind of creature, not distinctly male or female. Maybe demon-looking.

• I've always thought the devil is a man.

• i think its a he.

• Because sex and lust is demonic and animalistic and this is why attainment of Miksha is impossible without being away from kama and kamavasna ( sex, lust, sexual desire, sexual thoughts )

• Sorry spelling of Moksha is mistyped

• So much info. thanks

• My pleasure dear sister :) I hope you did not mind :)