I got drunk for the first time last month, and now I have no desire to drink alcohol anymore. Why?

I drank so much I threw up maybe 3 or 4 times, and now I don't feel the desire to drink anymore.. I'm not sure if it is common to feel this way. I was pretty disappointed in myself a few days after that happened. It just isn't who I want to be, so I am wondering if I will ever have the desire to drink again.

Most Helpful Guy

• This is very common. It is basically your body telling you: That stuff caused you to throw up 4 times and feel like shit afterwards. Stay the fuck away.

Let me tell you, you NEVER have to drink. It is and will always be your choice. I suggest you try to avoid getting so drunk you have to throw up. I personally enjoy being just the right amount of drunk where I still remember everything the next day without vomiting.
    You'll have to figure out your own limits, take it slow.

• See that's the thing. I still don't know my limit. I mixed a lot of it, and drank fast.

• I appreciate your advice. :) Thank you.

• I'm glad I could help :)

Good luck!

What Guys Said 9

• That is probably a good thing. When your body experiences something like that, especially if it is the first time, your brain creates a schema telling it "TOXIC" next time you experience it. That goes for: thinking about it, seeing it, seeing others doing it, tasting it, smelling it.

This is how your brain works, it is fascinating and worth exploring. The voice in your head only account for 10% of you.

• But it isn't like my body will repel the alcohol if I try to consume it again, right? lol.

• That depends on a few things; how strongly embedded your new schema is, your will power, and your desires.

Not drinking alcohol is a very good thing. If you could manage to stay away from it, you will be much better off and thank yourself in the long run. But I understand the teenage pressures...

• All I needed to read was the first sentence.

You drank TOO MUCH!

Too much of ANYTHING is bad.

----

Next time, pace yourself more slowly, and allow the alcohol to take over your body gradually. Then it will be more enjoyable. :)

• It was a crazy night, but I should've slowed it down a bit haha. Thanks. :)

• u had enough of it i guess... good ;)

• you drank too much too fast. maybe give it another try and go slow. alcohol is a drug after all and you only gain anything if you use it very wisely.

• It's common when you first start drinking to have a bad experience and be turned off to the idea of ever drinking again. If you're young, wait until you're legal to drink and maybe things will change. Try slowly getting yourself back into drinking by having a few and calling it a night. Don't always push yourself to the limit.

• I have that feeling every Sunday morning.

• That's your body learning from it's mistakes.

• You drank too much

• I don't know. I got drunk once when I was 16 and haven't had any alcohol since then

What Girls Said 3

• It can happen. The rule is to drink slowly and stop drinking when you start feeling dizzy. Sweet drinks, like coctails or liquers can fool you into drinking more. In our age, we shouldn't drink more than 1-2 beers or glasses of wine per week.

• It's a very common saying "never again 😷" after a big drinking session. But you'll prob do it again anyway, we all do lol

• Because being drunk isn't really all that fun...