How can you tell if your handsome or not?

I am a man. I think back on my life and there are 16 times i was called good-looking, or cute, but it was mostly by older or fat people. I've been called ugly 5 times and it was by people in my own age group, mostly in middle school. From this evidenc, how do i know if i look good? I'm really depressed about this because i just want to know once and for all.

Most Helpful Guy

• You're going to get called handsome more often and more honestly by people who aren't interested in getting with you. Certainly, just because only old people are saying it does not mean only old people are thinking it. And I don't see why some of your admirers being fat would disqualify the compliment.

But using other people's compliments as a basis for your self-esteem is like filling a sieve with sand: over time, it's all going to fall through the holes. If twice as many people had complimented you, or ten times as many, you would still eventually doubt it. Celebrities who are adored everywhere, whose mere appearance in person excites people and about whom romance fanfiction is written by young girls and boys, can still feel miserable about themselves.

Ultimately you want to get to a place where you don't feel like your value as a person is determined by other people.

What Girls Said 3

• honestly, what other people think of you shouldn't matter at all. Only what you think of yourself truly counts. To answer your question, people have different opinions and that is never going to change. Some of my friends think some boy is cute and I might think he is not. But what truly matters is personality. I mean what are you if you have good looks but a shitty personality? Worry about things worth worrying about--grades, school, what you want to do with your life. I mean in a few years (guessing you're in high school) none of these people will matter. And if you really keep caring about the way you look, you aren't going to get anywhere. Yes, looks are important, but not as important as the confidence you have within yourself. If you're not confident about the way you look, then why would anyone else think of you positively? be confident, know who you are, and don't live by anyone's definition of yourself other than yours.

• How do you think you look?

Most people have called me cute, a few pretty or beautiful. I'm not saying they are wrong in what they see in me, but what I see is that I am decently attractive or "okay". It's subjective.

• you look in the mirror.

What Guys Said 10

• guess if i get good ratings abut my looks 8)

• Judging by what you said it seems you are not conventionally handsome but you are not ugly either. Just try to go with what you got, everyone is sometimes more worried about their own situation than judging whether someone else looks good or not most of us look ugly at least sometiems

• you can't. Others can but will they tell the truth?

• So you counted how many times you were called good looking and how many times you were called ugly, interesting ... Mmmm just curious, did you count how many times you were called an idiot?

• You just no man you just no

• I don't know tbh. I get told by people on here I'm cute and stuff. But, no-one has EVER said I was cute irl. Which makes me wonder, am I just good looking in pictures or something..

• The only ones who have ever called me good looking are guys in my life. Not one single girl has so I guess I'm butt ugly by your logic. I personally don't think I am thoug. Plus 16 times is still really good though. I think. I mean it's not bad.

• My mum and auntie always tell me I'm handsome but I disagree. 🙈

• I'm a boy, and i have never been called handsome by anyone except my mom. yeah i know I'm a sad pathetic loser. dont judge me!!

• Observe women looking at you. Problem solved.