Girls, what does it feel like to be tall?

How tall are you? Any pros and cons?

21

Most Helpful Girl

• It feels kinda awkward sometimes, but it's your own body, so ur used to it.

Pro's:
    -i can reach things that my friends can't
    -i have an advantage in sports like basketball and volleyball.
    -i was never bullied or made fun of, because I was always the tallest person in my class
    -i can walk faster with less effort than a shorter person

Cons:
    -i always stand out in crowds
    -i reject guys that are shorter than me
    - i can't wear heels
    -i often get comments about my height, even from friends, wich can get annoying
    -a normal dress for a normal person can be like just a t-shirt for me
    - the height comes with extra weight :(

What Girls Said 20

• I'm 5"6, so I'm not really tall but slightly taller than some of my friends. Pros: It's nice because dresses look great on me, the height makes a difference. I'm not totally tiny compared to the guys I like so that's nice.

Cons: finding dresses that aren't totally short on me because of my height can be hard. And the guy I'm dating now is only a few inches taller than me so I can't always wear heels around him or he looks short haha

• I'm 5'10" I like it.
    Pros: I can reach shit
    I have long legs

Cons:
    Clothes are hard to find (especially jeans)

• I'm 5'7 and I like my height. Most guys in my country are like 6'1 and they always think. I'm the perfect height. I'm the average height for a woman in my country.
    The cons: I'm considered as tall in almost every foreign country, so no foreign boyfriend for me I guess...

• I'm just over 5'8".
    Pros:
    I can reach stuff, I can loom in an intimidating manner, I've got a long stride, I look AWESOME in long dresses, I'm easy to find in crowds -and can find other people easily.
    Cons:
    Finding a guy who's a comfortable height to swing dance with can be difficult, and I can never find shoes that fit.

• I'm 5"8
    Pros:
    -legs legs and medium-sized feet (thank god!)
    -I can rock long dresses
    - Leggings, skinny jeans and boots look amazing.

Cons:
    - I'm not a huge fan of heels (except wedges) because I tower over everyone xD
    -People are easily intimidated (idk if it's just because of height.
    -it's near impossible to find reasonable shorts and skirts that doesn't make me look slutty :P

All I can think of atm

• im 5"6, does that count? well, im taller than most of the girls in my grade and to be honest it kind of sucks.. guys like shorter girls for the most part. i dont know. its annoying. people bring up your hight all the time and then ALWAYS no matter what add "im so short haha" to the end of it, even if theyre like an inch shorter than me. its not all that great.

• yeah thats annoying xD and then they act all insecure about their height although they love it

• I am 166 cm tall and I don't even know if I hate or love the fact that I am tall..
    The pros of being tall is that I never have to wear heels. I never wore heels even once out of my 16 years. I also could look through a place full of crowds whenever there is an event going on.. Yep.
    As for the cons, guys tend to tease me for being tall and not "girly in height" if that even made sense..

• I'm 5'8" and I don't really notice it haha. I guess I hated it growing up but than learned to love it once I turned 16 or so. Tall people are the best

• I have no idea, But I would imagine it feels excellent! Powerful! =)

• In between 5'7 and 5'8. As a kid, I wanted to be taller, but I like my height as it is now. If only I could rock heels, I would be golden lol.

• Me = five foot eight and one half = just above average height = not tall

*pro's = I still make a partial living from it

*cons = I could definitely be taller + men hate me wearing sky high heels and being as tall as them :P

• im 5'7" and 1/2 so I feel confident about myself but all the guys are intimidated by me and im taller than my friends

• im like 5'2 or 5'3 and although im not tall all my friends assume im tall since im skinny, so thats made me insecure and feel like a huge monster xD

• 5'10, easy to reach things bit of bummer with heels because I'm always the tallest.
    Also finding a guy tall enough is always a quest, although my boyfriend is the exact same height.

• I wonder that too..

• Lol just here to say tall chicks ftw

• im 5'3 feet = 160 cm
    i love my high
    im not tall or too short
    i think its cute

• Great! I'm 5'9 and I got to work as a part time model once because I'm tall. =)

• I'm 5'6 and even I am not "really tall" compared to my friends and co worker I am. It is pretty normal but I used to avoid to wear high heels.. Not anymore.

• you can get to the top shelf.