Dad's name tattooed on under arm?

Long story short: I'm looking for a tattoo that I can look at to get inspired and renew myself with life a bit, and my memories of my (deceased) Dad has always been inspirational, so does getting his name tattooed on my arm a good idea, or would that be weird?

What would you think if you saw it on me, and then what would you think after hearing it's story?

Most Helpful Guy

• Trust me dude. I love my dad more than almost anything but tattooing is never a good idea. Tattooing another male name on your body is an even worse idea. If i were you i would get a locket or something (not just for girls, Indiana Jones had a locket).

What Girls Said 3

• I think it's wonderful to commemorate your father with a tattoo (I'd be a hypocrite if I didn't, seeing as I have one for my dad on my foot)
    Mine is a picture based off a song he used to sing. I suggest doing something like that, or if you do get his name put his birth year-death year, or the date you lost him. I know some asshole might see a name on your arm and ask "Who's Randy, your boyfriend?" And I know that would really bother me.
    Hope it turns our great! :)

• That sounds like a great idea:) thank you for your input

• by the way my personal favorite image of renewal is a phoenix.

• I think it's cute!

• I think it's awesome you are inking your skin in commernce of your pops👍

What Guys Said 3

• I would think that you were gay. A mans name on your body. When you see ink on a person the first thought is they don't think right and it fall into line that most people will think you gay and only showing it when you are in your position.

• His name is Jamie, that is both a male and female name

• it's ok i guess... a way 2 remember yer dad :)

• Underarm skin is very thin.