What should I do or change?

People say I come off really harsh even when I'm not trying to be. I know for sure I am very outspoken and dare to not bite my tongue or hold back anything I have to say but even when I don't think I'm being mean it turns out I am... I just don't know how I should change that! To me I am not doing anything wrong but to other people my gestures and the way things come out (even though I have the most soft voice there is) I just don't understand! And when people try to correct me I sometimes throw temper tantrum like a damn brat! I'm just don't want to seem mean when I think I'm being nice

Most Helpful Guy

• You seem like a sincere person and you want to be helpful to the people in your life, so that is a good thing. However...

Unsolicited advice or comments are rarely welcome if it isn't a compliment or positive in some way. And pointing out something is wrong so they can "fix it" isn't positive, it is negative. No one likes that.

If you can, take a moment to think about what you want to say if it is going to be negative. If you don't say it, will the person be in any type of danger or trouble? If not, see what it is like to keep it to yourself. If you think about it, you might be saying something that was obvious to that person, they just don't want to hear it from anyone else if they are already beating themselves up about it.

This is a good question. If I have been helpful in anyway, or if I can be more specific, let me know!

What Guys Said 4

• It's all about being sensitive to ppl's feelings, and thinking before u speak.

This is skill that can be learned!

• hahahaha just avoid people who hate u... or r jealous towars u :)

• That's the point I don't hate anyone...

• Say what you have to say as nicely as possible without luring outright...

• "Jesus tapdancing Christ, did you get your hair cut with a **blowtorch**?"

"There's something different about you..."

• Err...*lying outright

• I haven't seen a problem or been subject to any tantrums so I can't say that I'm affected in any way

What Girls Said 1

• just be yourself and ignore the haters!