Does anyone else think that just maybe *some* guys don't really understand feminism because they jjust don't take anything in this life so seriously?

• Ya, some guys are just all impulse and doin' stuff AND WHAT WAS THAT? Was that someone's dog? I think we hit somebody's dog... dude...
  • No, guys who dont understand feminism just dont *want* to understand it
  • Im actually an extra galactic alien, my name is Adam, what up? Have you seen Steve?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not that they *can't* take things seriously. It's that they're choosing not to. It's a complex subject that can be hard to understand it if you're not living it. Especially if you're feeling like people are trying to take things from. Which is NOT the case, but you know how it is. Uphill.

i.kinja-img.com/.../sbjlwptpkllhdi5d8yfo.gif

• Isn't "misandry" hatred of men?

• We'd all be Steve...

• Exactly XD

What Girls Said 2

• I think that some people don't like feminism because they blindly believe in the media when it makes it sound like feminists hate men and want women to rule the world, instead of finding facts out on their own.

• they dont want to understand.

• Ya, that's what the thing said...

What Guys Said 6

• i1127.photobucket.com/.../...f.com-add-text_15.gif Ya, some guys are just all impulse and doin' stuff AND WHAT WAS THAT? Was that someone's dog? I think we hit somebody's dog... dude...

• This is an extremely stupid question, this is why *some* guys don't really understand feminism, I agree, women should have equal rights and all that but we won't be equal, we just have to face it, not until women do blue collar jobs like many men do, I'm not being sexist, I think we should be equal but when we are different, there's never going to be equality and that's what feminism is, trying to get COMPLETE equal rights, not some bratty girls on tumblr saying how men are terrible, the goal isn't to bring men lower than women, it's to raise women to an equal standard of men

• Are you adam?

• In the US women have equal rights. It is illegal to discriminate against a woman because she is a woman.

• Thank you WasTheguru and no I'm not Adam

• Your options for answers don't cover really any alternate opinions.

Feminism in America and most of developed countries in general has no purpose. Women are men are equal by law and it is illegal to discriminate based on whether someone is male or female.

The law actually plays in favor of women more often than men. Rape accusations, child support, custody, and domestic violence claims all go in favor of women SO much more often than men. If a man even brings the idea that he deserves justice for any of these wrongs committed against him by a woman he's often ridiculed, and won't be taken seriously.

What feminism is about is western culture these days is things like rape culture and the wage gap. Things that aren't really issues.

"Rape culture" is an idea made up by women to whine about how they should be able to get all the attention from doing sexual actions without the pressure of sex behind these actions. the idea that they should be able to dress promiscuously without being thought of as a promiscuous woman is the most common idea behind rape culture that I see. That entire idea is stupid. As a muscular man, if I dress in a short sleeve/sleeveless shirt, I expect women to look at and feel my biceps. As a woman you should not expect different.

The wage gap is constantly thrown into discussion but many factors aren't taken into account when calculating wage differences between men and women.

Firstly there is education. Neither gender is universally smarter than the other, but women generally lean toward lower paying degrees, while men lean toward higher. Education, psychology, philosophy, and English are all female dominated majors. Business, engineering, and sciences, and majors of the like are all male dominated. In the corporate world you pay the person with the business/engineering degree more than the person with the education/English degree.

• I ran out of room.

And in spite of the vast disparity between high paying degrees in men vs women, the wage gap is still only 8 cents on the dollar.

Then there is the factor of work experience. The way it goes in most places in the world, the longer you work in one place, the more you will be paid. I wouldn't say that men and women have inherently different work ethic, but they have genetic differences. The simple fact is: women bear children. Child birth and pregnancy are very strenuous on the body, and because of this women often will have to call out of work, and will for sure have to take significant time off work to recover from giving birth. These times can have a very wide range, and although only 3ish weeks is guaranteed in the US, no one is going to judge a woman for taking 1-2 months off to raise their child through early infancy. Because of this they miss valuable work time and have to be caught up when returning. You won't be given a raise while being caught up.

• Sexism in what sense? I see an advantage in sexism that women can often use sex or sexual harassment threats to get ahead when men cannot. I don't really see a negative version of sexism prevalent in the work place in the US, no.

• I think men and women view advantage and disadvantage differently. Women actually have every legal advantage right now. If they bring a case to the court that is revolved around gender discrimination or unwanted sexual activity they have an extreme advantage, even if the claim is relatively weak.

Yes they are more susceptible to unwanted attention than men are, but what is worse? Having to worry about declining people who you aren't interested in, or worrying about going to prison because she later decided she didn't actually want you after she drunkenly consented?

• yay... some dudes think feminism = devil LOL

• girls already have more rights than men, and yet they want more. i just don't understand why guys hate feminism

• Yeah i dont understand it