Can you fall in love with a celebrity?

Most Helpful Girl

• I suggest you not. Last time I went down that route I ended up with a restriction order.

What Guys Said 18

• You can have a crush on them, and find them attractive, but I don't think you can literally love them. There is no emotional connection between either of you, no physical connection, and you two don't even know each other. Celebrity crushes are normal, but it's not love. Besides, what if a good guy came up to you who is absolutely your type, but you couldn't be with him because you were "in love" with a celebrity?

• If you know them personally, of course you can.

Fine, you meant you don't. No. You're starstruck. You have no idea who they really are.

• It's just infatuation... love has to be shared.

• Yeah, but she doesn't know I exist, so where do we go from here?

• Yeah I love Carly Jepsen and Lindsey Stirling

• They are just people with a notoriety problem.

• i believe you can.
    they're just the same as me no different

• why should I fall in love with someone I can never have?

• You fall in love with your own illusions. You no nothing about them.

• I dont think you can, I think you can build up a fantasy of what the person is like but the reality may be different.

• Nah, they're not my type.

• Sure why not!.. But it won't be a real relationship... just a secret one i guess... HAHA

• I fall in love with the dorky ones

• i have a crush on Rachel Mcadams

• It's stupid, but people have done it.

"People in the entertainment industry are by and large whore-chasing drug-addict fuckups, but they still believe they're better than the guy in Wyoming who really loves his wife and takes care of his kids and is a good, outstanding, wholesome person. In Hollywood, there's a feeling that they have to protect Middle America from itself... and that's why South Park was a big hit upfront, because it doesn't treat the viewer like a fucking retard." -Matt Parker

• ye i'm in love with katy perry

• Not my type. This are just illusions mostly teenage girls are in "love"... haha you need to meet the person.

• i am not interested in thing which i will not get.

What Girls Said 14

• i dont believe so, u can't love someone if u dont have even the smallest connection to them i think.

• No, because I don't know them personally.

• There is a difference between love and infatuation. Therefore I think that you can't. Love can only arise if both of the people know each other well and enjoy each other's company. With celebrities it is very one-sided, so while the person may think they are in love they're just infatuated... they don't actually know the celebrity personally.

• Obviously not, you've never even met the person. That's called being obsessed with an illusion.

• You can if you don't get out much and become obsessed with anything.

• Have you met them and had meaningful experiences and conversations with them?

• In love? No. Infatuation or obsession? Absolutely.

• Yeah, as far as daydreaming goes. But love consists of forgetting yourself for the other person. So, if you're willing to do that without expecting anything in return, you're on a relevant track.

• Yeah provided we know each other personally. But I'd rather not, I don't want to complicate my life.

• haha that'd be weird

• Yes, you can.

• Nope I can't.

• Yes, easily.

• Yeah but not if you haven't met them