What helps you shut your brain off when you have sleep disorders?

I suffer from insomnia so I have really messed up sleep schedule. I took two tynenol 3's but I cannot stay asleep. I might pop another t3 even though I am supposed to wait 2 more hours. I am not that tired but the thing is I did not even have caffiene or sugar today. I skipped my walk that might be the issue. I used to drink warm milk or my cat would sleep on me but she is at the age where she is extremely moody and doesn't want to lay with me that much anymore. Any suggestions?

I just popped 2 more and I didn't want the 4 hours but I ain't worried if I am going to die. I have taken lots of drugs before all at once lol. Thanks for the healthier alternatives to sleeping pills.

Most Helpful Guy

• I ask God for deep rest some times and He usually grants it to me. I used it last night.

I have been taking 1 MG melatonin and biting the pill in half, that seems to help, but I find that sleeping without any sleep aids does wonders, too.

During the work day I work as hard as I can, that helps.

When I am laying down, I will flex and relax every muscle I can. Arms, legs, back, torso, neck, even eyelids. This definitely helps if I remember to do it.

Exercise during the day is the best cure in my opinion.

What Guys Said 7

• If you are looking for pills/drugs, I tried donormyl, though it is available with prescription only. But while I was googling right now, I found a non-prescription version http://arizonapharmaceuticals.com/donormyl/
    Appearance is slightly different.

Some suggest green tea with honey.

I also I listen to Delta Sleep System 2.0 by Jeffrey Thompson www.soundstrue.com/.../...leep-system-2-0-733.html
    This music uses specific methods to generate delta brain waves, if I understand correctly, which helps to sleep/remove fatigue.

• You should use http://justgetflux.com and also use your electronic devices with a lower brightness in general and also you should get off your phone and pc and do something else in the last few hours. Electronic light messes with the melatonin production.

• When I was in college and I had to get a good night sleep the answer to your question then would have been to roll a spliff/ jay or whatever you call it or pack a bowl, put it in the air and bust a nut. Yeah it's a little perverted but we're all grown. Now that I've long since then graduated and in my career and can no longer partake in such delightful activities any more. I've found that drinking chamomile tea or Celestial Seasoning's Sleepytime Tea and an okay book or article makes me pretty drowsy and I'll slowly dose off. If I mix the tea with a little adult relations then I'm out like a light. If you want a faster response without any relations try Nyquil's ZZZ Quil, it'll drop you like a ton of bricks in 10 minutes, 20 minutes tops, it works fast. Try a half of cup first and if you don't get enough sleep take a full cup. With a full cup I sleep for about ten hours straight. The first time I drank this stuff I drunk the full dose and pissed in my bed, I did not wake up at all my then lady had to wake me. This stuff is strong so I strongly advise small amounts first to get used to it. When you first wake up you will feel dazed but it'll wear off after a minute or two. Try it over the weekend first, not on a regular work schedule. I hope this helps.

• If you get some type of thunderstorm sound it will do it
    i have a CD with thunderstorm sound and i use it when i take
    my afternoon nap lol

• I think of all the women I flirted with and want it helps me sleep

• honestly, when i can't sleep, i try really hard to blank my mind or think about the girl i really like to hopefully give me the chance to have a dream about her or with her in it

• I listen to ASMR

What Girls Said 4

• Train yourself to go back - to not think at all and just vegetate like a vegetable. This will improve your sleep life. When I have difficulty sleeping I fantasize - that I am a millionaire - that I am a Persian princess, that I live in a billion dollar underwater submarine. That helps me sleep

• I listen to asmr... It may be silly, but it works - with the right voice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hoGeFLIhr8

• i envision the interior of a lavishly decorated mansion

• Stop taking Tylenol. Try melatonin.