Why do I care so much about what other people think about me?

people here seem to care a lot about one another
so i think i might aswell share some of my demons.

so yeah, I've been bullied for years. and now I'm really self cautious. but hey, i like the punkrock style, so a while ago i dyed my hair blue. and ever since random peeps have been laughing at me. It's funny how the farmers here aren't used to anything. i live in holland in 'friesland' and i really think i'm the only person with blue hair in this entire province. i feel like not going outside anymore. if i stay inside at least no one can laugh at me. at the dentist yesterday in the waiting room, was this stupid woman with her daughter, and she kept looking at my hair and back at her daughter and they both started laughing. and honeslty i really wanted to slap them both. and now they're still stuck in my mind and they keep laughing -_-
i wanted to go outside today to get a game thats really cheap right now, but i don't want to go outside anymore. i could wear a beanie.. but all i have right now is a black winter hat..
does anyone know where i can buy a beanie in holland at this time of year?
oh yeah, and how can i stop caring about these farmers here?

Most Helpful Guy

• Those people are a bunch of idiots. You should be allowed to wear your own style of clothes, and color your hair the way you like em to be without being judge or bully for it. There's plenty of places you can buy a beanie from; either online or in an actual stores. Don't worry too much about what other thinks of you and if they laugh at you, bitch at them and retaliate. You have to stand up to yourself and don't let others push you down or belittle you. I'm not suggesting physical violence here, but mostly a verbal thing.

What Guys Said 7

• I have been bullied for years. Peers, elders, authority, family, friends or an ex girlfriend. I've had a taste through the realms of social order. I've been beaten 1000's of times, no exaggeration. I've learned to take the hits and give them, I've learned what words hold value and flak given is small enough to dust off.
    I know how to fight, but find few to no reason to put forth the effort. I don't know how to insult, maybe because I know that encouragement actually makes the day.
    In the end, the people that will hate don't know you, but you still hold value to others. I've made friends through struggle. I know that I have an ear and the pain to share for counsel on whoever needs it, friend, family, stranger, or enemy. It doesn't matter how many of how few people become drawn to you, the more the merrier, the few what's better, but flak should not lock you away.
    P. S. I'm dying for some of these games to drop in price, and much apologies, I don't live in Holland.

• sounds like a fairly rural place maybe? Usually people from the rural areas dont experience much in diversity so they dont know how to behave. Not to defend them, where I am from that would be no problem for a girl to have blue hair, except for maybe e a job...

• people have opinions and what other people think cannot define you, you just have to get that into your head. i dont know of any other way to deal with it

alternatively come live here in the south, people are nice here :)

• I've seen you around here. i think you are awesome and i bet the blue hair suits you perfectly. fuck other people and their opinions, you are awesome.

• Well it doesn't matter what other people think of you and your style if u like it just feel good about it your self I'm a Dude n I dyed my hair n I honestly don't care what people say about my hair cuz it's mine I do what I like to it well what I'm saying is just be proud of who u are n how u choose to live your life n don't let anyone bring you down sure it's gonna hurt at times but just bounce back up n keep pushing forward

• Okay, please understand how others see you and adjust accordingly. Of course, you want to be yourself but understand the culture and society you live otherwise it's going to be Hell.

• WAHAHAHHA so i should adjust myself because society wants it. fuck off you crazy person you.

• Walk with pride, sister. They're just jealous.

What Girls Said 4

• well, just be yourself. the fuck whatever other people says, they don't even know you or your style. This is the way you are, stop to care whatever narrow minded or even bullies talks about you, just be you and of course, try to achieve your goal in life. Makes yourself successful so that later, you're the one who laughing at them (those fuckers). Just love yourself, fuck off the losers ;)

• Aw, you know I love your hair. Don't be so sad.

• You need to have more self confidence

• Your blue hair sounds cool, you shouldn't have to feel bad about it!

by the way I don't know if you remember me but I'm the Anon from the 'how do I look' question where you said to dye my hair? I did that :) . I mean probably not punkishly enough for you, but a pretty bright auburn-ish colour :))