Being vague but if you own a Rolex, are you 'rich'?

Most Helpful Guy

• No. It's like any status symbol, it means very little. I have several 'premium' from makers like Rolex and Omega and I can afford them because I know what to pay and see them as an investment. Some people like to drive a fancy car, some people spend a lot of alcohol or smoking. I choose to spend more money on 'investments' and less on things like an expensive car, and I don't smoke or drink excessively. It all depends what gives you pleasure and what you choose to spend money on. But owning a rolex does not make you 'rich' and doesn't signify much. I like watches because of the production methods and history behind them not the unfortunate 'blingy' stereotype which has become a sad norm with pop 'stars' and the 'famous'.

What Girls Said 4

• No, because it could have been gifted. Or the person could have made a poor financial decision that probably set them back if they aren't rich.

• You either have money or a very high credit limit.

• No. I was given one as a gift and I'm in no way rich.

• No. That's like saying if you own a Michael Kors makes you rich.

What Guys Said 9

• No. I know people with the nicest cars or jewelry but they live in apartment or worse at home so they have that money to buy things like that since they don't have other expenses. Or they prioritize that over other things. I'm not rich but I could have one if I didn't travel and do others things I thought was better than a watch on my wrist.

• No , showing off with a Rolex means
    -you bought a cheap copy on the internet.
    -or you like spending your savings that way.

Being vague about owning means nothing at all.
    I received, inherited a few expensive gold plated watches (no Rolex) but I wear a $5 watch. If an accident happens to it I won't regret it. (I'm accident prone)

• anyone who owns a Rolex is a fucking baller.

• Not really, there are some stupid people who save up for years so they can buy one. Only to get robbed a week later.

• Are we talking about a fake or real Rolex?

• It could've been a present. In which case you'd be rich when you sell it, I guess.

• No ur not, here in america people have nice cars and live in dumps

• Not if you're eating ramen every night.

• lol if a homeless person has a rolex... nothing changed much xD