How is Tamera Mowry's baby white?

I DONT SEE HOW THATS POSSIBLE.
How is Tamera Mowry's baby white?

Most Helpful Girl

• Blue eyes are genetic.

or.. maybe she is making the baby wear coloured contacts!!

or... maybe.. she doesn't even have a baby at all.. maybe it is all CGI like that Gollum cutie from those Hobbit movies!!!

What Guys Said 11

• This has everything to do with dominant and recessive genes, and the potential for human mutation within only two generations.

Many scoff that even if Noah were middle brown, there is no way he could have a solid black Ham, a middle brown Shem, and a white Japeth. Yet, such things happen even in the present day, before our very eyes.

Genetics are complex, but a simple Mendelian diagram might help:

BbDd for Brown eyes and Dark Skin. There may be more notes to it than this, but assume that two middle browns have this.

The children will most likely have the following possible combos:

BBDD, BbDD, bbDD, BBDd, BBdd, BbDd, bbdd

From those seven non-redundant results, it is evident that two middle browns with recessive genes for blue will have a one-in-seven chance of producing a white child with blue eyes.

The picture of Tamera reveals she is not "pure blood" African, so there is already a "d" in this equation at least. Add in a husband who is also in possession of a "d" rather than being pure "D," and you increase significantly the odds of producing a white child from a "black" set of parents.

That's not factoring in the odds for mutation, including albinism.

If at first the results don't make sense, go back to your starting assumptions.

• Her husband has light features. Also if the baby has blue eyes that means she must also have the recessive gene for blue eyes as well. Just because someone has dark features whether it's eyes, skin, or hair doesn't mean they don't carry the recessive genes for lighter features. Darker eyes, hair, and skin are dominant traits though so her baby did end up with a lot of recessive genes in that case.

Tamera Mowry's father is white and her mom is black as well so I'm guessing she has diverse genes to begin with.

I hope this explains it enough for you.. I took a basic biology course in middle and high school so I'm not an expert on biology but I do remember these fundamentals. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong about anything.

• her husband's white?

• But it shouldn't have blue eyes

• Dominant and recessive genes. You really need to take a biology course. It's not that far fetched and actually quite common. Also his dad is white.

• Is she bi-racial? because I've seen in ripley's every now and then where a bi-racial parent has a child who is not bi-racial.

• genes its a shuffling thing

• Her husband is white im assuming?

• The baby looks mixed race

• Maybe the dad is white?

• Doesn't look all that white, Looks mixed.
    Her husband is white and her dad is white, so that kid is like 75% white.

• Genetics are funny sometimes.

What Girls Said 11

• Well the father is White and she is mixed with white. So the more dominant gene took over Which is white. Simple.

• Her husband is white. In certain families, people have had blue eyes for so long that the allele becomes pseudo-dominant.

• Because she is half white and her husband is all white. So the baby is more white than he is black. That's why.

• It's not, is mixed

• Her husband is white

• But he has blue eyes and I thought brown was the most dominant

• Her husband has green eyes. Green is recessive to brown but dominant to blue. So if his parents have blue eyes, he still carries the blue eyes gene. Which can be passed down to his children.

• There is a smaller percentage of blue eye happening, but its still possible.

• He's not white. He's a quadroon (quarter black).

• Ummmm... Her baby is not white, he is mixed.

• Still white

• He is black and, white. Not just white. What's the point of your question?

• You need to learn about genes and dna.

• Genes can be really strong on the father's side. It's not common, but it can happen.

http://i.imgur.com/eHHkplZ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/lc95V2v.jpg

Bre Joyner:

http://i.imgur.com/8iD57XC.jpg

My sister and I have my dad's genes, so we are darker (darker hair, brown eyes, darker tan skin) whereas my brother is the opposite. He takes after our mother (blue eyes, brown/blonde hair, light/pale skin). We look nothing alike (except a few physical traits like face shape, eye shape, and nose), people thought he was my boyfriend when we were out. That grossed me out lol.

• Is that for real?

• Girl, stay in school because you need it!

• I'm amazed at how uneducated the youth are today. The school system is the USA is pathetic.

• Who said I live in the US?

• Oh well, I guess you're just dumb then.