Why do SOME moms cut their daughters hair very short (buzz cut) when they're young?

Like between the ages of 6-12 years old. My mom and her sister did this to me and my cousin at the age of 5. I cried for days when they did it.

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 1

• I don't know all my sister's have really long hair

What Girls Said 7

• That's not as common as you think it is, I think. I never see this.

• Head lice my dear, that's why you got shaved like a little sheep :)

• Maybe a cultural thing. ?

• I think it's common with Hispanic curly haired women. Supposedly you can change the texture of your baby's hair if you shave it all off.

• Didn't have curly hair

• So the hair will grow back thicker maybe and because they don't want the stress of maintaining long hair so they want the kids to have it short until they can brush it, wash it etc. themselves?

• Lol that's a myth

• The hair growing back thicker? Cause I don't know; it wasn't on purpose for that reason but that totally happened with my sister. Me and my other sister both have really fine, wispy hair, and when my middle sister first grew hair it was the same. Then my brother got hold of scissors and cut off all her hair (they were both toddlers at the time), and it grew back really thick and gorgeous

• Because washing and combing their hair is too much effort

• i would never do that to my daughter.