Eating raw eggs, good or bad?

What do you guys know about eating raw eggs? I really like the way it tastes and makes me feel. Puts me in a good mood, I had 3 yesterday morning and I felt great, the whole day! Today I stopped myself from consuming it because of a bacteria that 'they say' can make me sick. Is it just a myth? Should I consume them raw?
i buy organic, cage free eggs

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 5

• You can definitely get salmonella, which isn't pleasant and often requires hospitalization and can even result in death.

You run this risk though with food you eat everyday, but proper preparation and thorough cooking decreases that risk.

• That is the main concern that I have, but I have a Brazilian friend, she used to consume 6 of them raw in the morning from age 12-19 and never had that happen to her. I think very young kids and elders are more likely to not be able to fight salmonella.

• Just because it hasn't happened to someone who eats raw eggs often doesn't mean it won't happen to you. She's fortunate to have not gotten sick. Maybe she has been and didn't link the illness to the eggs. Who knows.

My dad got it from oysters years ago and was shitting blood and almost died. It definitely isn't a risk I want to take.

• Not the best thing to do, but please be careful! It can be very dangerous due to the high risk of Salmonella which i had a family member who suffered from it temporarily it was horrible for them. If you do that, make sure that you're intaking the proper amount of fluids.

• That is gross... it isn't healthy... it is different when someone has raw cookie dough every once in a while but this is dangerous.

• Salmonella is a very real threat and you should stop eating so many eggs anyway, those amounts of cholesterol are not good for you.

• I think they say it's good for you, but how can you stomach it? Ick! Lol

What Guys Said 9

• this makes me wanna throw-up... raw eggs... yuck

• If you eat raw egg whites too often it does something bad to your body but I forget... biotin depletion: www.livestrong.com/.../

• It's not a myth. Salmonella is potentially fatal and can reside on or inside the egg. Nothing makes it completely safe but heat. If you wash the outside of the egg with soap and water, this will significantly reduce your chances.

• You don't want salmonella man. Health wise, it's really good but you're putting yourself at risk in getting salmonella.

• people eat raw foods all the time via sushi and other stuff

• Someone has been watching a lot of Rocky Movies xD

• My uncle worked for the KGB and he would always drink raw eggs. I got the idea from him

• Go watch the Rocky Movies!!! They are awsome and the Eye of the Tiger song is so catchy

• It's fine.

• Look up the disease known as Salmonella.

• Can affect ur cholesterol levels too 1 egg got 66% or in the 60s anyway I'm sure it's 66-67 tho anyway it's got that much of ur daily recommended intake