Is the internet owned by white people?

if i seach 'hands" only white hands i see. if i search "feet" only white feet i see. anything i search for i see white people. i'm not being rude as you might think. i just wanna know why. if i don't ask to see black people i'll never see them. this makes me sad. aren't we all humans.

Most Helpful Girl

• I've noticed this for a long time.
    Most of the images display white people.
    This isn't anything new.
    Back in the day (s), you should have seen television there was only white shows, (until several years ago) only white presidents, white commercials etc.
    Things are still being conformed.

What Guys Said 11

• Never thought of that but on reflection you are right any general query about people comes back predominmantly white - I suppose at the back of it all it is a marketing exercise and white america has most money to spend.

• Yes white people own the internet. Haven't you seen the internet CEO before? White people also own all of the internet's stocks

• but whit people, r the majority generally... no?

• It's owned by white girls on Tumblr who whine about white people and speak for minorities who get their images tarnished by the weird tarts.

• majority of people who upload things on the internet are white so it reflects that
    not that the internet is racist

• Yep white people created the internet and T. V. they're going to showcase themselves first. If black people invented the internet maybe it'll be the other way around it's just history and society

• nobody owns the internet. its a large network of many servers and other devices. what you find on google search is up to google, but is mostly down to your own browsing habits which google keeps track of using cookies and other methods

• hahaha wtf fun fact right there
    I didn't even wonder this...

Equality though.

• White people mostly everything, Its been like this for centuries now.

• minorities are busy being poor thugs and shooting each other. No time for or access to the internet.

• so white people don't shoot each other and all white people are rich?

• yes owned by americans

What Girls Said 5

• Lol, this post is funny. As a non-white and non-black person, sometimes I don't even think I exist according to the makers of the internet. It's all about black and white people. Any time white people are called out, they think it's a black person as if they haven't screwed over or offended mass groups of people. #NativeAmericans

• lol. My brain read this like a poem.

• Yes white people dominate the media because Asians, and people from ethnic backgrounds are less interested in getting exposure.

• You're... right.

• To be honest I am speechless