Why are people using "famous" loosely?

Famous like Alex from target having on picture and he has "fans" that makes no sence. Also, tumblr girls/guys saying they are famous because they take selfiesand get really popluar. They say that have fans when they don't do anything but take selfies. really someone explain!

Most Helpful Girl

• Literally wondering the same!! Some people are just well-known for taking tumblr-ish selfies. I understand that youtubers are famous for doing amazing tutorials or covers but being famous for being pretty is meh.
    And I find it weird when people call their followers "fans" , are like "send me fan mail xoxo" or name their followers "Emlings, teddybears, fluffy narwhals" or whatever 😂😂

//rant over

• I totally agree but being well known isn't famous and I watch youtuber's and are a fan if many. :)

What Guys Said 4

• These days, fame is a measure of success.

People like Kim Kardashian or Justin Beiber are famous for stupid reasons and are deemed success stories despite contributing nothing to society. Therefore, many people want to be famous and the slightest hint of fame will go to their heads and make them feel good.

Plus these people may just be stupid to begin with.

Fame is nothing to boast about. It's how you got there that matters. Or at least it should.

• famous = at least 1 million people know bout yer existance :p

• Because most people want to be famous. So when they get a little bit of consistent attention they easily confuse it with real fame.

But now that the Internet is here, everyone can have his or her 5 minutes of fame. It's not comparable to the movie stars and such, but there are some seriously famous Internet personalities out there.

• True or just pictures of them selves that may be a couple year famous lol make no sense

• Sigh... attention Whores, as far as the eye can see...

What Girls Said 4

• People use a lot of words "loosely".
    I pay them no mind.

• What is famous?

• Kim karma shin is famous but because she hasn't done anything. All you have to do is be hot

• i know right?