Has anyone on here ever been single for most of their lives, I mean ever?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah, I have.

• are you happy though?

• Yes! I'm single by choice.

• see i want to be like that for the rest of my life, hence my other question i posted, I've fallen in love 2wice now really hard and been hurt and scared and dont trust anyone at all now, i rather be alone than put trust in someone then this crap happens again! im after some tips, how do you stop the temptation? how or what do you do to keep yourself busy and occupie your time?

What Girls Said 3

• Been single for 18 years and counting.

• Yeah me...

• it would be weird not to be single for most of your life.
    for example you're 20, so you would have to have been dating someone from age 10 to cover half your life. thats fucked up.

What Guys Said 8

• I've been single the majority of my life even if I've had a number of relationships. I prefer being alone and that's why I am.

• Yes, I have. Never had sex either, I am almost 27. Reasons? I don't know for sure myself. I am just too reserved, and shy maybe. I have girl friends but never went there, and was always single. I made out with this random drunk girl once, but that's it.

• see i sound similar to you, but I've just given up now and thought fuk it! somethings ent ment to be! i can't be arsed with women now! ( dont mean in nasty way) just come to terms i dont actually need one in my life to make me happy! been alone all my life and got used to it i guess

• I had feelings for a girl, but we couldn't have had a relationship - we are just too different as people. I realized I had become unhappy trying to make her happy, and that she felt relieved with me away from her (even if she was scared to tell me earlier).

Happiness is relative and largely based on expectations we have of our lives. Today, I don't expect to be loved, or find love. I hang out with friends, eat my favorite pizza, I feel happy. But I definitely felt happier earlier in life. I am more sober and reticent these days. I am still reflecting on what love (romantic or otherwise) even means.

We can be 'happy' with a life alone. But I have seen people in love, and to share every joy and sorrow with a woman you love, grow old with her and look back at the memories, is a better than any life we can have single. Sadly, people (men/women) aren't straightforward these days, and it's hard finding a good partner to live that wonderful life.

• no... only for some years

• I have never been in a relationship before... By choice.

• how do you choose to be like that? i want to learn?

• Lol you just choose that... I'm into marriage and I think that relationships before marriage is just a waste of time. So yeah this is why I don't date, it's my personal preference.

• I was single for 31 years till I got married. Does that count?

• how did you find the time you was single? did it bother you at all?

• Well that was a different phase in life. Looking back, I loved it.

• I am a loner by nature and I loved my independent life.

• I've been single all my life! I'm ok with it but I get lonely sometimes and wonder what it's like to be in a relationship someday...

• Me, by choice, not mine tho

• *slowly raises hand*