Visiting the U. S. What should I expect?

It's been like 14 years since I've been there. I'm visiting NYC, Florida and parts of Texas. I'm a 19 year old middle eastern girl, what should I expect?

Most Helpful Guy

• @iron_man lives in FL, so he could help i guess :D

• @Klaatu51 Yes I do and I can help her

• Haha thanks, I'll probably get in touch closer to the date I'm getting there in case I have any trouble :)

What Guys Said 10

• You should be ok in NYC and some parts of Florida, but in Texas, I don't know, American Southerners are more introverted about some things. But you should be just fine in big cities of Texas like Dallas, Austin or Houston.
    Not much has really changed except laws and fashion.

• Hmm I see, thanks 😊

• If you wear Muslim garb, don't expect a fun time in Texas.

• Lol are they mostly islamophobic? I heard there are lots of middle eastern people there as it is.

• Oh gosh 😥 everyone seems so hateful there..
      I don't wear the Muslim garb, but I am Muslim. I guess I'll have to keep it on the low down just in case lol

• You should be fine then - especially since so many middle eastern girls are beautiful and, since you will likely have a darker complexion, you will likely be mistaken for a Latina (Mexican) if someone doesn't know your name.

• Texas not good 30 people dead in ast two days floods of biblical amounts, a lot of tx is a disaster zone

• Really? Why? 😟

• Oh that's terrible. I'll be visiting in July so hopefully it'll clear by then.

• Oh yeah it will be good, if in ny on July 4th got to go see macys fireworks. U will not see any better they are amazing

• There are a lot of Islamophobes, sadly. But whether it's going to work against you I really can't say. You'll probably do fine in NYC and Florida, but Texas I'm not sure of.

• That's too general of a question. What would you like to know specifically?

• Probabaly dirty looks and being egged.

• Get the f*** out

• ... I can't tell if you're being racist or not.

• All religions are evil but Islam is the worst. Get out

• Oh so you're a nutty one. Too bad I'm coming! And I'm going to infiltrate your city with my evil ways and terrorise you. There's no stopping me.

• I live in southeast Texas
    Let me know If you have any questions girl ;)

• It's better that what some people would lead you to believe ;)

• That's refreshing to hear hahah
      And thanks if anything comes to mind I'll probably message you 😊

• Nothing. You might not like texas, but florida and nyc also nj are quite good

• I remember visiting FL and NYC when I was a kid and it was awesome but not Texas, I hear it's boring there too but I don't know hehhe

• angry people and only wanting sex

What Girls Said 3

• OBESE PEOPLE AND LOTS OF MCDONALDS.

• Potholes and a lot of racism.

• Lots of rude people.