Why do people think i'm a lesbian?

I am straight, and so far about 6 (or more) people have called me a lesbian. I'm not against any gays/lesbians/etc. I get really upset when people label me something i'm not. Even my own crush thought I was a lesbian. I'm just going to assume it's the way I dress. (I rarely wear dresses, I usually wear all black.)

Most Helpful Guy

• Do you have really short hair?

• Sigh I wish women with short hair weren't mostly lesbian 😪

What Guys Said 8

• It's funny what people key on. I have had a lot of gay approaches and I am profoundly heterosexual. In my case, it was because I am very built, talkative, emotionally accessible and intellectual---all things I cannot or don’t want to change. Why people associate these with being gay is beyond me.

Often when a women is athletic, it is assumed she is lesbian. I have a good friend who lettered in three sports during high school and had constant interest from her gender. If you fracture the conventions of gender norms, this will often classify you. Simple things like boyish accessories, acting dominant or being logical is enough to trigger a reaction. Yes, I know this is not fair but I don’t make the rules, I only observe them.

If it is because you dress minimalist, maybe you should consider something different. Some color, perhaps.

If you included some pictures, it might be easier for us to advise you on this.

• They obviously assume way to much. That's why I assume all people are normal at first glance even if they don't see normal. HECK, I even treat people with Down Syndrome like they are normal!!!

• They might just be douchebags...

• stereotyping of the worst, judging purely on clothes, actions.. they should ask really

• Um... What do you do that makes people think you're a lesbian?

• do you have a picture of what you look like? that might be the case?

• Why do they say that?

• Probably cause you shower nude with other girls

What Girls Said 7

• I think often people assume that girls who wear certain things or look a certain way such as the tomboy look or even talk a certain way are lesbian but we know that's not always the case. Maybe by the way u dress that's why they assume u were. Well, at least now they know ur not.

• They do it because they know it upsets you. Shake it off with a "lol okay" nonchalance.

• Wearing all black isn't stereotypically lesbian its goth lol.
    Don't take it personally, they may be insecure themselves.

• It's the same with me except people assume I'm bi. I'm not sure why either, but I assume the same thing as you. I dress fairly girly but I have an edge to my style so maybe it's just that your style isn't very feminine

• Just find yourself a boy and make sure to kiss him in the halls before class hun

• Well it's most likely your personality or the way you dress.

• probably your outfits.